Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Sears Roebuck selvedge denim jacket w. red houndstooth flannel lining, 44-Tall

Jumper

A-List Customer
Selling my Roebucks denim trucker jacket due to a fit issue. I like my denim truckers to hit right at the belt, and this one's just too long on my torso. It's marked a 44 Tall, which seems about right given the vintage, except the sleeves aren't as long as you might expect, so check the measurements and photos, please.

The star of the show is the red and black houndstooth flannel lining. I keep looking for another of these with the same lining in a Regular size, but the very few others I've found with it are, oddly, all Tall sizes, so the search continues. There are two very small areas at the right armpit where it has frayed through (pictured), so I'd definitely recommend tending to that before it frays anymore.

The denim is the kind of soft that comes from being worn-in for years, but in no way is it worn-out. The left cuff buttonhole is a bit of a tight fit for its button due to the way the cuff end is sewn over (see photos of open cuffs), but it buttons and unbuttons just fine with a little extra effort. There's some light staining, mostly on the forearms and cuffs, and a small spot of superficial fraying on the right forearm (all pictured). Otherwise, the denim is in very good condition for a jacket from the (I think) 1970s.

Two pockets only (at the chest), no hand warmers. Buttons all read "ROEBUCKS" except for the third button from the bottom front, which is ... I don't even know what ... rusted? ... corroded? ... found in the ashes of a house fire?

Approximate measurements:
Armpit to armpit: 23 inches
Bottom hem: 19.5 inches
Sleeve (straight): 24.25 inches
Shoulders: 19.5 inches
Back length: 25.5 inches

$50 shipped anywhere in the CONUS, via PayPal F&F, please.

Let me know if you have any questions.

20230316_141549.jpg

20230316_142033.jpg

20230316_142430.jpg

20230316_142149.jpg

20230316_142805.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points