Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Stetson St. Regis homburg 7 1/8

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Dark blue Royal Deluxe (usually photographs black or grey)

Crown, 5 1/4 creased
Brim, 2 1/4 with a D'Orsay style dimensional brim curl.
Ribbon, 1 3/4
Wind cord

Very clean. Asking $140.

20230816_162523.jpg 20230816_162549.jpg 20230816_162648.jpg 20230816_162741.jpg 20230816_162807.jpg 20230816_162835.jpg 20230816_162859.jpg

Alexwood

New in Town
I am fairly new member on here, not very active. I have been looking at hats on eBay and this was one style that caught my attention, it is rabbit fur felt correct. The other hat I admire is the Biltmore, Made in Canada, Imperial Homburg hat, pretty sure it is rabbit fur felt, anyone on here an expert on Biltmore Canada hats? Do you ship to Canada? That is one hell of a handsome hat. Derek

I am fairly new member on here, not very active. I have been looking at hats on eBay and this was one style that caught my attention, it is rabbit fur felt correct. The other hat I admire is the Biltmore, Made in Canada, Imperial Homburg hat, pretty sure it is rabbit fur felt, anyone on here an expert on Biltmore Canada hats? Do you ship to Canada? That is one hell of a handsome hat. Derek

Howdy! This Stetson St. Regis is a much better hat than the Biltmore imperial. Worlds apart, and I like Biltmore. Almost all vintage fedoras and homburgs were made of rabbit and/or European hare. Beaver was rare, and rabbit and hare often made better soft hats.

If you’re looking for a homburg and this is your size you can’t go wrong. You can look for months and months and not find a better hat.

Brent

Alexwood

New in Town
I have never owned a high end fitted hat, so now I am second guessing my head size measurement. If I take the tape measure and go around my head I am more at 56 cm, I always went on the assumption of letting the tape slacken and went with that measurement, 57cm seemed to error on the larger end of the spectrum. Every hat seems to measure slightly different. I have a medium Yellow 108 hat and it fits snug, yet I have a 57 cm medium Failsworth newsboy cap and it fits a bit looser and a leather hat that is in between. I guess I am a hat size 56-57 cm. I went and bought a Robert Hall Bowler hat by Magill hats from a fellow online knowing that it was listed as 60 cm, impulsive but it was beaver felt in mint condition for $40.00 CAD. I hope to put sizers in to make it fit if that is possible?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
60 to 56 is a long way to move a hat with spacers, so don't get your hope's up. Most of us have some success - and I say some - moving a hat one size either direction without distorting the sweatband or brim or both. Some members have the equipment and know-how and patience to do magic with hats, but not me. In my case (57), only about 20% of the size 58 or 56 hats can I stretch or shim to get a good fit without causing secondary issues with the sweatband or brim.

Alexwood

New in Town
I figured as much, I bought it off FB Marketplace, real nice guy, he would return my money if I asked or I could resell. I also bought a mint condition Scout Leader hat, size 7/8 in original T. Eaton Co, box with a scout belt included from a little old lady on FB for $40.00 dollars plus $30.00 shipping. One last find was that made in France vintage Homburg hat that I incorrectly said I paid $40.00 for in our other conversation, I paid $75.00 plus $23.00 shipping, size 56 cm. FB Market place in my area, if I put in the 500 km search radius, will come up with mostly wool felt hats, some Stetson cowboy hats but I found these rare gems for way cheaper than on eBay, one I cannot wear, the Scout hat I will see if it is ok to wear, might not be my style, but the French Homburg will be a curious find. I wish I could find a Stetson like yours in brown, I always like the earth colours. Thanks for the help with all my questions, we have been down to Texas at least 5 times when we used to travel down there as Texan Snowbirds.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner