Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS ultra rare 1940s Hercules D-pocket horsehide mc jacket

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Just took receipt of an absolutely beautiful, and extremely rare 1940s Sears Hercules d-pocket HH motorcycle jacket.

Unfortunately, the fit is wrong on me, and because it will do me no good sitting in my closet, it has to go... My asking price is $500 +shipping/insurance.

Features that set this one apart from others include the leather tag (r/t nylon one typically seen), and loops/back slot for a detachable full belt (r/t the attached half belt generally seen). I note that the left sleeve zipper is pretty frozen, and the lining at the sleeve ends needs mending, but otherwise this baby is a stunner! The hide shows drool-worthy grain and patina!

Measurements: Pit to Pit- 22.5"; Collar to Bottom- 22", back length; Collar to Bottom- 24", front length; Shoulder to Cuff- 25"; Shoulder to Shoulder- 19"

DSCN6176.jpg

DSCN6173.jpg

DSCN6153.jpg

DSCN6152.jpg

DSCN6156.jpg

DSCN6170.jpg

DSCN6162.jpg

DSCN6164.jpg

DSCN6155.jpg

DSCN6161.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16736

How was the sleeve length? This jacket was meant to be worn with high-waisted pants. Even so, a 3" difference is huge. It had to be made for a shorter person who rode a bike and normally took a 23.5-24" sleeve. But such a beautiful jacket. Love this style. Repro makers, where are you???

Edward

Bartender
How was the sleeve length? This jacket was meant to be worn with high-waisted pants. Even so, a 3" difference is huge. It had to be made for a shorter person who rode a bike and normally took a 23.5-24" sleeve. But such a beautiful jacket. Love this style. Repro makers, where are you???

Aero and Eastman both do D-pocket bike jackets, as do Lost Worlds and others. IMO, an Aero King of the Road with the Waterfront wool lining would be the closest thing to thisw vintage jacket.

KOTR:

9164bd743996effe_King%20of%20the%20Road%203%20hero%201aa.jpg

Waterfront wool:

8964b9129bfb33e8_Waterfront-Reversible-Wool-HFQH-hero-4.jpg

bretron

Call Me a Cab
How was the sleeve length? This jacket was meant to be worn with high-waisted pants. Even so, a 3" difference is huge. It had to be made for a shorter person who rode a bike and normally took a 23.5-24" sleeve

Joel, it measures out about 24" from nape of neck to waist in the front, and about 22" in the back... So it's cut a bit higher in the back. I've had other 40s mc jackets that were cut this way too fwiw. RE tthe sleeve length it is between 24.5-25" depending on how the measurement is taken. This really is an amazing jacket, and hopefully I can find it a worthy home.

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
What does the jacket measure across the front and across the back, at the bottom, when zipped?

Hi there, I believe you are referring to the waist? If yes it measures approx 21" across, fully zipped, both front and back. Thx!!

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
... And yes, still available. And yes, I'll do a trade of it makes sense ;)

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
^hey there thx for your interest. It's gone and yes it was short by modern standards, pretty consistent with the 50s double riders tho...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace