Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Unique Hat. Size 7 1/2. 'Nuf Said.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
You won't see a hat like this for sale. Anywhere.

Bored by flat brims? Tired of spineless crowns? Sick to death of hats that are one color, top and bottom? Unsatisfied by soft leather sweatbands? This astonishing example of early 21st century creativity might be for you!

I call the crease "La Toilette Qui Rit" or "The Laughing Commode." Note the clever way the stylish brim obviates the need for a pesky hatband. Note also the supremely comfortable choice of materials for the sweat: bottom hem of old sweatshirt, glued in place (who needs stitches?) with fabric adhesive.

This beautiful piece of headwear sits nice and high on the head, as you can see from the profile photo.

Here's a chance to own a hat that says, "Go ahead, just ask! I dare you."

DSCF1439.jpg

DSCF1441.jpg

DSCF1440.jpg

Obviously, this hat exceeds the realm of mere "accessory" and enters the rarified place we call "art." Therefore, I'm asking $1,500.00, FIRM.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Curses!

I'd adopted the toilet hat years ago as a way to shock the effete.

Undone by Randooch and "La Toilette Qui Rit"

I'll get you my pretty!

And your little dog, too!

Sam

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Any chance of a noggin shot? I really need to see what it looks like on before I can consider it.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
As requested, a noggin shot:
DSCF1442.jpg

One advantage of the vast space between ears and hat is, if you're ever being shot at, there's a better chance of the bullets whistling past without damaging this fine hat.

I've had several museums inquire about it, by the way, so don't let this one slip by! One of these days I just might send it off for historical preservation.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
This could solve my hat overcrowding problem. I think this one hat could easily replace 20 of my current collection.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

You can see that hat has some interesting connections to some stars back in the day....and there was a reason for it's over all shape and back, too!....

You can note that in this bottom picture, the wearer of the hat is learning on how to do some investigative work on learning the hats origins....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

And here is the real answer to the mystery of that hat. If you look very closely you will notice in two separate locations on this airplane there are men manning some machine gun mounts. Upon close inspection you can notice they are wearing hats....and the shape of the hat was designed to be aerodynamic in nature, (thus the shorter profile crown) and as such to serve a secondary function that was disclosed only to the crew members of that airplane. You may also notice the airplane itself is a bit of a "wacky" design.....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Great old photos, LMH2! What model airplane is that? :)
I am not sure what that plane is, but I more or less think they did not make or fly too many of them! It may be that it was experimental and the experiment provided them with a "no way" to continue with the overall design?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn