Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage Adam Fedora 7-3/8

TPD166

One Too Many
FOR SALE: A beautiful Adam Coronet fedora, size 7-3/8, color = “sterling” (light grey). The crown is approximately 4-1/2” as creased, the ribbon bound brim is 2-5/8” wide, and the hat ribbon is ½” wide with a unique bow treatment. The hat is in overall excellent, wearable vintage condition and was cleaned and blocked by Paris Hatters about 2-3 months ago – it has been worn 3-4 times since then. It was returned from cleaning with an open crown and I settled on the diamond crease, but it took any shape easily, even without steam. The interior is in good shape as shown, the sweatband is in good condition and all markings are clear; however, there is a small crack at the top in the front. The lining, tag, and bow are all in good shape as shown. I would consider this a true 7-3/8 – I can wear a 7-3/8 LO or 7-1/2 comfortably and this is a bit snug on me if I don’t leave it on a hat jack. I really like this hat, but I have a new one the way and need to pay for it! Asking $85.00 shipped in the U.S. – if you have any questions or are interested, send me a PM or email me thru TFL (I no longer post my email due to some unprofessional messages sent by non-members).
coronet1.jpg

coronet1a.jpg

Coronet1b.jpg

coronet2.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow, what a nice looking hat Robert! You have the same size of hat issues that I do, and Landman as well....do you think this one here could survive a bit of a tug to open it up a bit? I am finding that 7 3/8 is just too snug on me, as you are. In fact, I am leaning towards 7 1/2 in hats not, and can deal with them being a bit loose, and use a few strips of tissue to snug them just right.

TPD166

One Too Many
Thanks! I can comfortably wear most 7-3/8s, but usually give them a little stretch - 7-3/8 long-ovals are a good fit, as are most 7-1/2s. I have given this one a little stretch with steam and usually leave it snug on a hat-jack when not wearing it, and it fits me comfortable - but not like the Resistol I got from you, which is a more loose, comfortable fit. I am sure Paris Hatters blocked it to the correct size of 7-3/8, and I opened it up a little from there - not sure how much more a stretch I would try though. It is a beautiful hat and always draws comments when I have worn it.

Wow, what a nice looking hat Robert! You have the same size of hat issues that I do, and Landman as well....do you think this one here could survive a bit of a tug to open it up a bit? I am finding that 7 3/8 is just too snug on me, as you are. In fact, I am leaning towards 7 1/2 in hats not, and can deal with them being a bit loose, and use a few strips of tissue to snug them just right.

ideaguy

One Too Many
Robert:
SOLD!!!
Looks like a great hat-and the size just could work out for me-usually need a L/O, but if you have given it a stretch, my noggin will certainly
try and conform.(hard to do when yr. heads full of rocks...) my email is adhoc.idea@comcast.net
Gladly pay you through Paypal or personal check. Shipping-Prioriy, man- my birthday is coming up, 59yrs. young...and dreading the 60 mark.
Thanks very much-

Michael aka ideaguy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR