Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage Borsalino - size 7-3/8

TPD166

One Too Many
FOR SALE: A beautiful, vintage Borsalino fedora, size 7-3/8. The hat is tan in color with matching ribbon bound 2-5/8” brim, 6” un-bashed crown, and 2” dark brown ribbon. When I bought the hat, the consensus on TFL was it was a 1950s vintage. This is lightest and softest felt hat I’ve have owned and it will take any bash. The hat is in overall excellent vintage condition and the inside almost looks unworn. There are two minor condition issues – there is a greenish stain on the lining, as shown in the photographs. It was there when I bought it and have no idea what caused it, nor have I tried to remove it. There also seems to be some darkening around the top of the ribbon – possible from wear and handling? I have owned this hat for a while, but never noticed that until the photos caught it tonight (it is darker and more visible in the pictures - I had put it under the light to make it wasn't just a shadow in the pictures). This is perhaps the finest hat I have ever owned from a quality and condition standpoint – but I have never worn it. I planned to, but I am just comfortable in dress hats that are a thin ribbon (too formal?). So I thought I would try to find it a better home here. I am asking $160 shipped in the U.S. – or will consider trades for vintage thin-ribbons in 7-3/8 or 7-1/2. If you are interested or have questions, email me at tpd_166@yahoo.com (preferred) or send me a PM.
Borso1.jpg

Borso2.jpg

Borso3.jpg

borso4.jpg

borso5.jpg

TPD166

One Too Many
Available again - same price. Probably going to ebay shortly.

Additional information - the green stain on the liner appears to be from something that was stuck under the sweatband at one time. The green material does appear on the felt under the liner.

Additional photo taken in natural light.
Borsalino6w.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot