Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS- Vintage Brooks Cafe Racer in British Racing Green sz 38/40

Up for sale is my British Racing Green Brooks.

Measurements:
pit to pit- 21 in. / 53.34 cm. (Front)….. 22 in. / 55.88 cm. (Measured on back)
taper at natural waist- 18.5 in. / 47 cm.
bottom hem- 19.5 in. / 49.53 cm.
shoulders- 18 in. / 45.72 cm.
sleeve- 25 in. / 63.5 cm. (straight)..... 26 in. / 66.04 cm. (around curve)
back length- 25.25 in. / 64.135 cm.

Asking $300 + shipping

Here is a gallery with photos and measurements:

Feel free to contact me, and I will provide any other measurements, photos, etc.

I love this unique jacket and you will too!

I typically wear a 38, and this fits me pretty well, but it is likely a size 40 based on the tagged 38 I previously owned.
I will include a NOS dark green Talon zipper and a 70s brass puller that I feel would really make this jacket Extra...Extra Special.

Brooks-004.jpg Brooks-009.jpg
Julia Kay_9mo-009 2.jpg
zipper_opt.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I found a couple of tagged 40s on e-bay, and verified that this is indeed a size 40.
I re-measured the chest because other sellers seem to be getting 22 in.
This jacket is 21 in. across the chest when pulled and measured in the front. 22 in. Is measured from the back.
I've revised the listing to reflect the new info.

Last edited:

leather.be

One of the Regulars
Amazing look! Fits you pretty well and I love the green colour although it may not quite be what I'm looking for in terms of colour. Do you know if this is horsehide? I don't know much about vintage jackets. If it were a size smaller...Also the zippers you are including would really be the icing on the cake.

Sorry, the label doesn’t say horsehide, and I really don’t think it is. Since it’s from the 60s or early 70s, it is most likely steerhide or cowhide.
4253AAA2-9D1E-43AF-A2A0-30CB26529CF2.jpeg

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow! One of my first jacket buys was a black seamed back, he told me these were the first edition and I've done my own confirmation. I've owned a lot of various Brooks, now down go my seamed back.

I see very few Brooks outside of Black, even Brown is harder to find. I doubt they made many like this, I'd say c.1963 year of the British Racing Green Lotus. I remember, it was popular.

Also the early woven label.

If this was a 44 I would be calling.

Question: Mine does not have Brooks on the collar buttons. Does this one?

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow Terry, I had no idea it could be an early generation. Thanks for the info!
This one does have the Brooks on the snaps.
View attachment 486902
They are all made from cowhide, they never mention the leather type. I'm not aware of any horsehide Brooks. They were producing jackets at the end of horsehide era

Mine has a ghost number 2 on the back, appears in the correct light.

Some time back a fellow talked about some history on the company. He mentioned the differences in the gold labels, but left it at that. Not sure who it was or if still here.

1675620153996.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points