Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fs: Vintage g r dunn & co ltd london black bowler hat in herbert johnson bond st box

fatsgt

New in Town
So I bought this hat on e-bay from England, paid $38 for shipping and waited almost a month for it to make through customs and to my house. Alas, it's too small. Love the hat and it's in excellent shape, it was listed as "Large" but the tag inside says "7" and I believe thats the UK size. I can submit more photos if needed. I'm far from a hat expert but would have thought it was brand new if I didn't know the history.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321321244818?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I'm just looking to recoup my costs so I can buy another similar hat of larger size, $150.

Found it interesting that this hat belonged to an gentleman that served in the Queen's regiment during the 60's and 70's.

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Picard1138

One of the Regulars
Beautiful, same thing happened to me recently. Seller said it was a 7 1/2, took 3 weeks to arrive, alas a 7 1/8, but in perfect condition. I gave it to one of my groomsmen.

-Max

fatsgt

New in Town
I was thinking I may be able to steam and stretch it a bit but it seems pretty rigid with a hard top so I think i'm stuck. Sad, it's exactly what I was looking for.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
That is one beautiful hat and in such fantastic condition! I am not sure if you could stretch it but if you ask some of the more experienced loungers they should be able to inform you of what is possible? A hat jack may do something with the steam, I would be very careful however, and I think the condition of the leather sweatband comes into a concern. If it is not really dry, maybe the steam and hat jack can give you some extra size, But if you do that with the hat, the sides of the brim are going to go wonky and curl/curve upward, which then you will have to iron the brim flat and reshape it. I know this as I just had to do it for one of my Husband's new hats, had to make the hat a bit more long oval.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy