Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS- Vintage Sears Hercules/Appalachian Long Half-Belt

Offered for sale is my Sears Hercules/ Appalachian Long Half Belt (surcoat) made of Horsehide.
_mg_4372-jpg.103012

The jacket was fully re-lined by Johnson Leathers.
Alan also added an inside pocket in the lining.
Talon main zip and Conmar diamond chest zipper.

Fits like a size 38 or maybe a larger 36 depending on how you want it to fit.

Measurements:
pit to pit: 21 in / 53.34 cm
shoulders: 17.5 in / 44.45 cm
back length: 27 in / 68.58 cm
sleeves: 24.25 in / 61.59 cm(straight line)
24.75 in / 62.865 cm (along curve)

Here is a gallery with lots of photos:
https://imgur.com/a/y9tfd

Please ask any questions by PM or "Start a conversation". Title it Hercules.

$300 OBO
I'm happy to ship internationally at cost.
Paypal accepted as "F/F or Gift."

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Offered for sale is my Sears Hercules/ Appalachian Long Half Belt (surcoat) made of Horsehide.
_mg_4372-jpg.103012

The jacket was fully re-lined by Johnson Leathers.
Alan also added an inside pocket in the lining.
Talon main zip and Conmar diamond chest zipper.

Fits like a size 38 or maybe a larger 36 depending on how you want it to fit.

Measurements:
pit to pit: 21 in / 53.34 cm
shoulders: 17.5 in / 44.45 cm
back length: 27 in / 68.58 cm
sleeves: 24.25 in / 61.59 cm(straight line)
24.75 in / 62.865 cm (along curve)

Here is a gallery with lots of photos:
https://imgur.com/a/y9tfd

Please ask any questions by PM or "Start a conversation". Title it Hercules.

$300 + shipping
I'm happy to ship internationally at cost.
Paypal accepted as "F/F or Gift."

Thanks for looking!

Very fair price for a good condition true vintage jacket especially considering the Re-Line. Literally the most expensive jacket "repair" there is and this one was done by JL so it was done well and right.

These surcoat/carcoat jackets are starting to get more interest it seems (and bringing higher prices than the past). They're obviously a different style -- a little longer coat so maybe not as modernly "hip" but they have their place in the vintage collector's world IMO.

GLWS.

GLWS.

Very fair price for a good condition true vintage jacket especially considering the Re-Line. Literally the most expensive jacket "repair" there is and this one was done by JL so it was done well and right.

These surcoat/carcoat jackets are starting to get more interest it seems (and bringing higher prices than the past). They're obviously a different style -- a little longer coat so maybe not as modernly "hip" but they have their place in the vintage collector's world IMO.

GLWS.

GLWS.
I love these longer styles. The “your belt is showing” phobia is cancelled out! This one in particular, with a true Halfbelt w/buckles. Too cool.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I love these longer styles. The “your belt is showing” phobia is cancelled out! This one in particular, with a true Halfbelt w/buckles. Too cool.

Good Point! These styled jackets make short length a moot point. And they aren't too long either. Really these jackets are generally only 3-4 inches longer than the standard vintage jacket length. Long enough to make it a different style but still very cool vintage look. Any complete collection should include at least one of these IMO.

I just re-measured, and the length is 26.5 in. down the back.
For reference, that makes it 1.5 in. shorter than my M-42 field jacket and 2.5 in. shorter than my Barbour International.

I can’t believe this beauty is still in my closet!
$250 OBO
I’ll cover shipping in the ConUS

Last edited:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
If it were a 24 Pit to pit it would be hanging on the back of my beach chair today.

No, it would be heading to the hardware store with me right now;)

You do have a hair trigger.:p

And on that fateful day in December, amidst the time of The Great Pandemic, the sport of Competitive Vintage Leather Jacket Buying was officially born. The rest is history.......

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
If it were a 24 Pit to pit it would be hanging on the back of my beach chair today.

And on that fateful day in December, amidst the time of The Great Pandemic, the sport of Competitive Vintage Leather Jacket Buying was officially born. The rest is history.......

A few things need to be sorted out before making a proposal to The International Olympic committee. Team sport or individual? Summer or Winter Olympics. Should there be drug testing? Maybe even a psychiatric evaluation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko