Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage Stetson Open Road 7 1/4

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Just got this awesome Open Road delivered and realised I’d bought the wrong size. Apparently size 7 1/4 is not the same in America as in the UK and I bought this based on my size in a Aero cap…

I realise this was a complete n00b mistake and I should have done my research before hitting BIN.

My loss is your gain. This hat is absolutely beautiful and in very good condition.

I got it for an okay price I think and are willing to part with it for what I paid.

160 € + shipping

Pictures:

IMG_9244.png

IMG_9245.png
IMG_9249.png IMG_9250.png IMG_9251.png IMG_9252.png IMG_9253.png IMG_9254.png IMG_9255.png

Just got this awesome Open Road delivered and realised I’d bought the wrong size. Apparently size 7 1/4 is not the same in America as in the UK and I bought this based on my size in a Aero cap…

I realise this was a complete n00b mistake and I should have done my research before hitting BIN.

My loss is your gain. This hat is absolutely beautiful and in very good condition.

I got it for an okay price I think and are willing to part with it for what I paid.

160 € + shipping

Pictures:

View attachment 525682
View attachment 525683 View attachment 525684 View attachment 525685 View attachment 525686 View attachment 525687 View attachment 525688 View attachment 525689 View attachment 525690

A lot of the time we can’t identify the exact model or the exact age. It does superficially resemble an Open Road, and I don’t doubt that it could have been sold to you as one. As was mentioned before, the Open Road will have a bound brim edge and your hat has a raw felt edge. The Open Road will have a ⅜” grosgrain crown ribbon and your has a single cord/ply “skinny” western ribbon. The Open Road has a distinctive bow and yours has a plain western knot. I’d say your hat was made between 1965 and 1975, but I could be off a year or two. I hope you can find it a home and aren’t turned off the vintage hat market. Good luck.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
A lot of the time we can’t identify the exact model or the exact age. It does superficially resemble an Open Road, and I don’t doubt that it could have been sold to you as one. As was mentioned before, the Open Road will have a bound brim edge and your hat has a raw felt edge. The Open Road will have a ⅜” grosgrain crown ribbon and your has a single cord/ply “skinny” western ribbon. The Open Road has a distinctive bow and yours has a plain western knot. I’d say your hat was made between 1965 and 1975, but I could be off a year or two. I hope you can find it a home and aren’t turned off the vintage hat market. Good luck.

Thanks man! This is educational for me. I'll keep looking for something similar in the right size :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner