Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: VS Silvermist LITE-felt Size 7 1/4

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS (Vintage Silhouettes) Silvermist, lightweight beaver felt, 22 ligne (nearly 2", the pre-war standard as it were) black ribbon, windcord, purple liner, 2 3/8" brim with silver binding.
Size 7 1/4, made for my 57.5cm (22 5/8") head circumference.

$245 shipped worldwide from Germany

That's right, a LITE felt up for sale! This hat simply doesn't get enough head time. The lite felt with liner is still fine for winter; I haven't noticed any difference in warmth. For hot summer days, just remove the liner and you have a hat as cool as if not cooler than a fine Panama. The felt on this hat is incredibly thin and has a very nice pouncing. The entire hat weighs in at only 100g (3.5oz), of which about 35g are accounted by the liner plus sweatband plus ribbon. That makes the weight of the felt hood alone just 2.3 oz!

Condition is like new, including the sweatband.

There isn't any other LITE felt going to be up for sale by me if I can help it, so grab the opportunity.

For a felt color comparsion of this hat with other light felt colors of Art Fawcett, please refer to this post in the Hall of Fame.

EW0cS13.jpg

aIvajD2.jpg

nWWl8lR.jpg

4gVTvwR.jpg

PM me if you're interested or if you have any questions.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Fit picture to show crown shape and flanging. The crown is 5.5" open crown 52-type (quite straight sides and square shoulders, flat-ish roof). Excuse the chore clothes.

HynNdEL.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Specs, AnA?

Edit: Too late now anyway. The specs were listed in the first lines of post #1.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran