Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FT: Modern Stetson Open Road, Size 7 1/2

KBGummy

New in Town
Here is a modern Stetson Open Road Silverbelly size 7 1/2. I won this on eBay 2 weeks ago. The stickers on the box and inside the hat say it's from Meyer the Hatter. Looks like it was originally purchased Feb 2006.

Nothing wrong with this OR. I just don't think the cattleman crease is for me. I would like to trade it for an Akubra Campdraft in Glen Grey or Silverbelly size 60.

OR1.jpg

OR2.jpg

OR3.jpg

OR4.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I just took one almost exactly like that and changed the entire look by recreasing it into a teardrop crown and replacing the ribbon with a leather band. The whole project only took about an hour! Very gratifying to lose the cattleman look.

Good luck with the trade. It's a rarity that someone wants to let loose of an Akubra around here. ('Cept Rodkins, maybe.)

KBGummy

New in Town
Thanks. I just figured this OR might be better off with someone who appreciates the cattleman crease. If I don't get to trade it, I will attempt to recrease the crown.

KBGummy

New in Town
FT / FS: Modern Stetson Open Road, Size 7 1/2

I am now open to selling this OR because I am seriously doubting my ability to recrease the crown. I've read through the conversion threads and I'm just not convinced I can do this without seriously injuring the hat. lol

I got this on eBay for $91.00. Will sell at same price plus shipping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara