Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FT: Stetson 7X Clear Beaver Open Road 7 3/8 LO

J Williams

Practically Family
I have decided to put up for trade a coveted 7X CB OR size 7 3/8 Long Oval

This is a 1960's hat that looks like it came off the shelf at Washer Bro's yesterday.

The brim is stiff and sturdy and the crown has the clay like malleability that 7X felt is known for. Can dry crease any shape easily. The hat is pretty much in pristine condition and comes with the original box.

I'm not really interested in selling but trading for something I would wear more. I prefer vintage westerns with a bit larger dimensions 3 x 6 or larger.

Will consider older 3X hats, No. 1 Qualities, Nutria qualities and any interesting vintage western in a size 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 - The older the better. I'm happy to add some money to the trade if the western is more valuable or vice versa so don't hesitate to throw something into the ring.

I'm a man of my word and as stated when I first arrived at the lounge first dibs goes to @Bamaboots

0AEC532F-94DD-4C91-8E65-C575DE4BDB68.jpeg
03E90253-040F-46A2-9562-711327FA63AE.jpeg
IMG_0922.JPEG
IMG_0923.JPEG

This is a 1960's hat that looks like it came off the shelf at Washer Bro's yesterday.

The brim is stiff and sturdy and the crown has the clay like malleability that 7X felt is known for. Can dry crease any shape easily. The hat is pretty much in pristine condition and comes with the original box.

I'm not really interested in selling but trading for something I would wear more. I prefer vintage westerns with a bit larger dimensions 3 x 6 or larger.

Will consider older 3X hats, No. 1 Qualities, Nutria qualities and any interesting vintage western in a size 7 3/8 or 7 1/2 - The older the better. I'm happy to add some money to the trade if the western is more valuable or vice versa so don't hesitate to throw something into the ring.

I'm a man of my word and as stated when I first arrived at the lounge first dibs goes to @Bamaboots

View attachment 389294 View attachment 389295 View attachment 389296 View attachment 389297

Such a fine hat, J and I really appreciate you remembering our conversation and you thinking of me. Since our last discussion about that hat I was able to acquire a 7X CB OR with a Last Drop liner and even had the sterling Stetson Sheriff pin still attached. So, that concluded my search for the OR. If it weren't for that, I'd be very interested in working something out for your hat. I'm still in the market for other 7X CB's and older westerns. Thanks again and good luck.

ParMan3

New in Town

View attachment 389294 View attachment 389295 View attachment 389296 View attachment 389297

ParMan3

New in Town
Justin,

This is my first post and the 7X CB Open Road is my grail dress western. I would love to have your hat, but I'm afraid that I don't have anything to trade. However, I'm definitely interested in purchasing your hat.

Please, let me know if you are interested.

J Williams

Practically Family
Such a fine hat, J and I really appreciate you remembering our conversation and you thinking of me. Since our last discussion about that hat I was able to acquire a 7X CB OR with a Last Drop liner and even had the sterling Stetson Sheriff pin still attached. So, that concluded my search for the OR. If it weren't for that, I'd be very interested in working something out for your hat. I'm still in the market for other 7X CB's and older westerns. Thanks again and good luck.

No worries Greg. I figured it might be the case since your 7X collection has grown but felt it right to make the offer nonetheless.

J Williams

Practically Family
Justin,

This is my first post and the 7X CB Open Road is my grail dress western. I would love to have your hat, but I'm afraid that I don't have anything to trade. However, I'm definitely interested in purchasing your hat.

Please, let me know if you are interested.

I doubt I will be selling it as it’s hats I’m after and not money that I need but keep watching the thread and if that changes I will let you know.

Justdog

Practically Family
I have a black No.1 quality and an OR style Dove/blue grey, but you can keep your 7x. I am not selling these hats in the classifieds they are part of my collection. I see your are in Canada. Both are 7 3/8 regular oval.
Also Stetson is making very good hats from Garland Texas right now , I have bought 2 pure beaver OR a 6x and a Royal Deluxe. very nice quality. If you want pictures I can send them to you for interest sake, the vintage I mentioned that is.

https://stridewise.com/stetson-open-road-hat-review/amp/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk