Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FT: Vintage Adams Deluxe Size 7 1/2 Long Oval "Whippet Style"

Landman

One Too Many
I have a very nice vintage Adams Deluxe in size 7 1/2 Long Oval I’d like to trade if I can find something that interests me. It fits me a tad big and I measure about 23 1/2” long oval. It actually is not too bad a fit though because I prefer my hats a little loose. The hat is in great shape with no moth bites or any major stains. There is a very light reddish stain on the edge of the brim binding that you can see in one of the pictures in the album. It is really not that noticeable in person and you might even be able to remove it but I haven’t tried. This hat reminds me of a Whippet but with a fancier bow treatment. The brim is 2 7/8”, the crown is almost 6” when opened up and the ribbon is 1 3/4”. The sweatband is soft and supple. The inside looks like it has been worn very little with no stains on the liner. The liner appears to have an oilskin type center cover. I don’t know about the age but since the price tag is only $10.00 I would guess it is from the 40’s to early 50’s.

It’s a great hat but I prefer thin ribbons and would like to trade it for something in similar condition and vintage. Maybe a Stratoliner, Open Road or an Alessandria. I'm in between sizes so usually a large 7 3/8 or a 7 1/2 will fit me.

Below are two pictures and a link to an album with a bunch more high resolution pictures. If you have something to trade send me a PM or email me at onexco@swbell.net

AdamsDeluxe100.jpg

AdamsDeluxe101.jpg

Album with high resolution photos:

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/onexco/Adams Deluxe Hat/

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
That is a sweet hat. I have nothing to trade but would be interested to know what you would want for it if you would decide to sell it.

Terry "The Hat"

P.S. you can send me a pm if you like

Last edited:

Landman

One Too Many
Sorry I'm just now responding guys. I was planning on having a nice lazy Sunday yesterday but got a call and ended up having to work. I will probably have to leave again later today so if I'm slow in responding please forgive me. I work in the oil and gas business and when we have a well drilling I never know when I might have to run down to a drill site. Luckily these wells are only about 70 miles from home so I'm usually back home in the evening.

I've had several people send me private messages on the hat and I appreciate the offers. So far the hat is still available. I'd rather not sell the hat at this time but would rather trade it for something vintage and thin ribbon. If I can't find something I like I will probably just keep it. It is a very cool hat but just a little too fancy for me.

If you have something you might want to trade it is better if you send me an email. I can check those on my phone when I'm away but accessing the website can be difficult. Thanks for your interest in the hat. My email is onexco@swbell.net

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy