Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fur Question!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Drappa - no worries at all - fur is a topic that often inspires passionate debate!

Well after some thought I bought the cardigan - I did what I could to ensure what I have bought is faux (by sending on the article from the Humane Society to the seller I felt a bit like it was trying to teach a granny how to suck eggs - but I wanted to be certain!) - if by chance when the cardigan arrives and I find the collar suspect I will simply remove it and get a faux collar put on - the cardi itself is a beauty with a very pretty rhinestone and pearl fastener so I'll get plenty of wear out of it regardless!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Well the cardigan arrived this morning and I did the burn test on it and it's definitely real fur - it's such a shame as it's a gorgeous cardigan and looks really good on! My daughter (who loves chasing after our cats and sticking her face into their fur) wouldn't stop rubbing her face off the collar - she loves it!

I will go on the lookout now for a faux collar or perhaps even attempt to make one myself - the rest of the cardigan is too lovely to just put away and not wear.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I was wondering if they would make the length and shape you need, as it seems they make to order?

Well it wouldn't do any harm to ask?

Look what I just found on Dandelion Vintage - it could be a winner:

vc933.jpg

It's faux and was made to look like mink - I just ordered it so fingers crossed it will work well with the rest of the cardigan!!!!!! If not I will definitely contact the website you suggested - thanks for all your help Drappa!

Drappa

One Too Many
Oh, no problem, I got a bit of an obsession with faux fur collars last winter :D
Hope it works on your cardigan, let us know if it fits!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97