Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G-1 flight jacket zipper tassel

gruvi

Familiar Face
Good evening folks,

I hope I may ask for some assistance here in outerwear section?
Today the tassel on my vintage gray/green G1's zipper broke off in my hand when I went to zipper it up today :eusa_doh:
What are odds of finding a replacement USN color tassel for its Scovill zipper tang? I really feel it is diminsihed a bit in collectibility without the tassel. Any help is always welcome.
Thanks! ;)

Gerard

bentusian

One of the Regulars
MASH Japan sells the replacement zipper pull, but I doubt it's worth the money while any piece of leather will basically do.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I see them up on eBay pretty regularly, if like me you don't have a cache of goatskin laying around :D

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi gruvi. G-1 zipper pulls break from time to time. The collectability of you jacket shouldn't be affected by this. In fact, I would be surprised if the pull that broke in your hand was the first pull to be on that zipper. It might be a good idea to buy a small (4" X 8") piece of seal colored goat skin to keep on hand for future repairs. Just cut a .25" X 8" strip, trim a 45 degree angle on both ends...and you've got a new pull.

AF

gruvi

Familiar Face
Thanks AF
Can you point me to where I may purchase a piece of this goatskin in seal brown? Makes sense to have my own stock for when I buy other g1s in the future.
Hi gruvi. G-1 zipper pulls break from time to time. The collectability of you jacket shouldn't be affected by this. In fact, I would be surprised if the pull that broke in your hand was the first pull to be on that zipper. It might be a good idea to buy a small (4" X 8") piece of seal colored goat skin to keep on hand for future repairs. Just cut a .25" X 8" strip, trim a 45 degree angle on both ends...and you've got a new pull.

AF

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Thanks AF
Can you point me to where I may purchase a piece of this goatskin in seal brown? Makes sense to have my own stock for when I buy other g1s in the future.

Here's some on ebay that might work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ITALIAN-Goa...708?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7065e74c

Or, call these guys. They sell leather scraps (including goatskin)...and you can also ask them to add a few muskrat faces to your order. They're only eighty-five cents each! :eek:

http://www.promiselandranch.net/Fur and Leather Scraps.html

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn