Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G&b an-j-3

kb777

New in Town
Just received my G&B AN-J-3...size is right (for me..I like a little room). here are some pics...I included some pics of a G-1 I bought in 1990 from Wild Blue Yonder when I was in the Navy in San Diego ( I think they were the precursor to G&B)...Its in excellent shape, but alas a 38R...I'm saving it for my son! (notice the AN-J-3 is a 44R!) As an aside, I just sent my 46R G-1 (Avirex) to Lost Worlds for a new mouton collar...I'll post shots when I get it back.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2060.jpg

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
Great practical jacket with all the best A-2 and G-1 features IMHO. I don't see an internal G-1 style map pocket -- do they not do it . . . or did you not ask for it?

Daniel Hunter

One of the Regulars
Very nice!

Actually Gibson & Barnes used to be called Flightsuits.

Wild Blue Yonder was a retail store in San Diego (Fashion Valley Mall) that I bought a couple of jackets from myself years ago.

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
Very nice!

Actually Gibson & Barnes used to be called Flightsuits.

Wild Blue Yonder was a retail store in San Diego (Fashion Valley Mall) that I bought a couple of jackets from myself years ago.

Well if you do a web search for

WILD BLUE YONDER
SPLIT S AVIATION
FLIGHT SUITS

. . .they all have one thing in common -- 1675 Pioneer Way, El Cajon

and now G&B lists their current address on Weld

Maybe WBY was a feeder retail store . . .

kb777

New in Town
Yeah...if I remember correctly, Flight Suits and Wild Blue Yonder were connected...I actually bought the G-1 at their warehouse "store" in El Cajon, where they made the jackets.

leopardstyle

One of the Regulars
Amazing jacket! G&B's goat is out of this world. It's just fantastic. Now if they would just make a cut for us slimmer dudes, I'd have me one of them.

Amazing jacket! G&B's goat is out of this world. It's just fantastic. Now if they would just make a cut for us slimmer dudes, I'd have me one of them.
Concur on the fit. However, the new Bill Kelso's look to be really excellent. Should be some pics coming soon from folks that ordered the new models.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Can't speak for the G&B product, but the pattern has really grown on me. My original Doniger AN-J-3 has to be the most comfortable of my leather flight jackets.

Can't speak for the G&B product, but the pattern has really grown on me. My original Doniger AN-J-3 has to be the most comfortable of my leather flight jackets.
The cut and design is excellent. They are comfy, and I look forward to getting either an AN-J-3, or M-422. My eyes are on a GW for next year. This year has a full calendar on both ends :)

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Hi Scott - hope you're well?
Is John going to make an AN-J-3?
I asked him about one following my purchase, but he felt that the market would be too small (and the design spec too vague).

Hi Scott - hope you're well?Is John going to make an AN-J-3?I asked him about one following my purchase, but he felt that the market would be too small (and the design spec too vague).
Hi Ian,Plugging along. Thanks for asking...As for JC pumping out an AN, no, not that I know of. I just had a lovely GW creation in my mitts this week, but alas, it was a tad small on me. It was a 48 and very close, but the length of the torso - esp the back - was too short and the chest a tad tight. Got me excited though. Still not 100% decided on my jacket which should be built in July...help me :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran