Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G.B.Borsalino Fu Lazzaro & C. <1936

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
nyp.33433090911326-seq_57.jpg

Francesco1992

New in Town
Another great find, Francesco and a pleasure to see. Not much to add to what the others have said already, except that I think the ribbon might be a replacement. It seems unlikely to me that GB Borsalino would use petersham ribbon instead of proper grosgrain and the bow seems a little too simple for a company that aimed as high as they did.
Hello dear Stefan and thank you so much, as always, for your kind comment and answers who are always expected with impatience, as well as Daniele's answers.
In the past I had already thought about an old replacement of the ribbon but I did not gave so much importance to it; I was certain I had not seen another example of this kind of ribbon before, so I have been very interested in what you have told me, not knowing if this could have been another particular kind of fabric that was mounted by Borsalino on several hats of a particular production.
Now I completely agree with you because I can look at the hat with another more critical "eye".
Anyway, I think I will not make it replace even with an original ribbon because I think this belongs to the hat's difficult and troubled history through the decades of the 20th century. Therefore I think that, if the physical integrity and the main features of the hat are not compromised or too much altered by the successive modifications and the added elements remain "in the style", the hat can be worth being preserved as it's been found.
Thanks a lot to you and Daniele for having given me the certainty for a doubt I had from very much time! And many compliments for the material you have posted here, this is absolutely stunning and so useful for all us here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk