Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G&B wait times

plasticarmymen

New in Town
Hi all.
New to the forum, but have been spending quite some time on here digging up some interesting information. Many of the jackets you guys have are awesome.

I decided that I needed my own jacket. Started looking for something reasonably priced, while also providing great quality and style. I really liked the more modern features of the non purebred jackets, so I ended up going with the F-82 from G&B

Yesterday I got an email saying that my jacket will be shipped out by mid April(ordered this past week). I was actually quite surprised, since I figured non custom made jackets would be a lot faster to make.

I was just wondering what your experiences with G&B lead times. Do they generally take this long to make? Also, do you think there's any possible chance of getting my jacket earlier? I would sure like to get to wear the jacket before the weather turns warm...

Thanks!

kojax

Practically Family
i know 2 salesman there they are right they told me april to. they are real busy with leather right now.. in the summer months you can get a jacket in one week. i will wainte for the summer to get a jacket. good luck

plasticarmymen

New in Town
Kojax, do you have any input on the sizing also? I've heard different opinions, some say they run too big, some say they are just fine. I usually go with a 38S suit, but after reading a lot of posts, I'm not sure whether I should go with a 36S instead... Thanks!

kojax

Practically Family
i would stay with the 38 short the 36 short will be to tight . i am a 38 i tryed one of there 36 did not fit...

rumblefish

One Too Many
My Mark II size 42 fits like a 44 or even bigger. Try asking for a non-custom, regular 38 and have that sent to you. Try it and return it with the idea of knowing what to ask for in a custom short. They do run big. Mine can take a very heavy sweater underneath, I'd prefer it fit closer.

kojax

Practically Family
i just talk to my salesman at gibson barnes lead time is 12 weeks in leather jackets ouch. i will wainte till summer to get a jacket

Lando

Practically Family
Last time I spoke to the one salesmen I just about always speak to, about a possible order, he was saying that now was the time of year they get all their big airline orders, which slows everything down to a crawl. They had a few basic modern A-2s in stock but everything else had to go be built and would join the back of the line with all those airline orders. Usually their wait is very short but this is the longest I've seen it in a while. They do run baggy, but they do good work, and they are willing to do quite a bit custom, just make sure you stick with their all wool knits like on their historical stuff as their modern knits are a bit tight and overly scratchy on the wrist.

Norsksea

New in Town
I bought a Raider 44 long jacket from them in November, they had it in stock and I received it in a week.
The Jacket was oversized, they also had a 42 long in stock which they sent me to try on.
This was a better fit and I kept the 42 Long and returned the 44 long.
I have a 44 chest and I think I could have fit into one of their 40 longs but didn't want to chance a real tight fit or any more shipping fees.
Frank

Crash

New in Town
I stopped by their El Cajon showroom two weeks ago and saw they have fewer jackets on the racks than I've seen before. They went to go look for a Civil A-2 in a 42, if memory serves, and didn't have any in back. I was told at that point that it would be at least mid-March before I could get a jacket made, if I ordered that day. Two weeks later, it looks from this thread ike the wait time has extended a month. They passed along the bad news with a smile, though, and sympathetically. Good people there.

Lando

Practically Family
Just figured I'd add, called for an order with G&B toady and early May is the closest ship time. The salesmen I spoke to said that they're getting more slammed than they ever get. So, sucks for the wait times but it's good to see a company I like doing well in this climate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80