Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

g-i new jacket

thor

Call Me a Cab
I just bought a Cockpit USA (formerly Avirex) classic G-1 in vintage goatskin. It's a work of art! Perfect fit, amazing hand-weathered goatskin (just slight burnishing in subtle areas) with a real vintage mouton fur collar. I have owned 2 original M-422a jackets (a Willis & Geiger and a Gordon & Ferguson), several 1950-1960-era G-1 jackets and 2 Eastman repro's. I actually like the vintage goatskin Cockpit G-1 jacket the best. It's all a matter of opinion and personal preference.

Sorry, I do not have a digital camera at this time so posting pics is not feasible right now. Suffice to say, I love the jacket and wear it all the time.

kojax

Practically Family
i just got one from cockpit g1 vintage goatskin nice jacket made well i like it . nice in broken in the goatskin feels good easy to wear

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
one note about USWINGS, most of their discount price jackets are MADE IN PAKISTAN, NOT Schott!! I asked Schott Gail, she does not have the sizing and patterns for USWINGS jackets, and when Gail found out USWINGS uses THEIR Elizabeth factory pictures, she was surprised. USWINGS is a private labeller, they sell merchanises and souvenirs the most. I got a 195 deal for a Wings of Gold G-1, they say it's military fit, I say it's an oversize fit, I took it to Orchard, the Branded Leather factory in Queens, who IS a contractor for government jackets and used to make jackets for other more famous companies, the guy there immediately spotted mine is an oversize fit, real Pakistanian goatskin alright, but wrong button and wrong details. I was buttoning my neck warmer one day, and and the end of that day, the button fell off.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
if you can stand cowhide for an A2 or G1, you can try Legendary USA, they have very good jackets

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
one note about USWINGS, most of their discount price jackets are MADE IN PAKISTAN, NOT Schott!! I asked Schott Gail, she does not have the sizing and patterns for USWINGS jackets, and when Gail found out USWINGS uses THEIR Elizabeth factory pictures, she was surprised. USWINGS is a private labeller, they sell merchanises and souvenirs the most. I got a 195 deal for a Wings of Gold G-1, they say it's military fit, I say it's an oversize fit, I took it to Orchard, the Branded Leather factory in Queens, who IS a contractor for government jackets and used to make jackets for other more famous companies, the guy there immediately spotted mine is an oversize fit, real Pakistanian goatskin alright, but wrong button and wrong details. I was buttoning my neck warmer one day, and and the end of that day, the button fell off.

Don't Schott also have an Asian based factory?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy