Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G1 or Steele and Jones raiders style ?

Caber

One of the Regulars
Hello. I am in the market for a light weight jacket with a budget of about $600. I am leaning towards a G1 or a Steele and Jones raiders jacket. I am wanting a jacket that can get kind of beat up while wearing it in the warmer parts of jacket season.I have a very Y shape slender athletic build and I know the raiders jacket fits my frame well. I believe the G1 would too. I am torn between a raiders style jacket and A G1. If I go with the raiders style I will purchase from Steele an jones.
The question is which jacket would you go with?

If you pick the G1, do you know of a custom maker that can make one on this budget and is high quality at the same time ?

Last edited:

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really wish I could get aG1 with out the knitted cuffs and waist and add a removable collar
depending on what kind of leather you like, you could take a look at fivestar. There you get a G1like that.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Im looking for horse or goat hide. Steer would be ok too. I didn't see one on there like that

You can order your own design there with your own measurements. I have several jackets and none of them are from the standard range. A separate pattern was made for each jacket. Maybe it is worth reading the 5* thread and looking at the examples for custom jobs there.
I think 5* is pretty unrivaled in the max $ 600 range.
However, the choice of leather is limited. Goat in seal or black is recommended. Steerhide probably too, and heavy thick CXL leather is brand new. Unfortunately, everything else is not thick enough for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21