Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Galoshes

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
dhermann1 said:
Check out Tingleys. I've had a pair from a store here in New York called Tent and Trails. This was many years ago, but they're great boots. About 9 inches high, with a very convenient single button flap that crosses over. Great boots.
http://www.tingleyrubber.com/frame....ww.tingleyrubber.com/menu_foodprocessing.html

Thanks for the tip. I like the shorter-height ones, both medium and low height, but again am worried as it seems to indicate they are designed to fit over work boots. What about my loafers? Also, how do I size, especially over the net when shoe sizes aren't exactly standardized. I.e. even in the U.S. a 5 from one company isn't a 5 elsewhere.

lizylou

Familiar Face
;)
3PcSuit said:
Will they fit on dress shoes, and do they look dressy themselves? Lol. I don't want a Nike logo or something of the same effect on the side of them.

I've never heard of Wellingtons though. Are you in the UK?

Oh, and how do you *size* them?

Thanks.

Yes, We're stationed here and come rainy days those are what come out! ' so far this week we have had some good thunderstorms lol Im not actually sure wellies fit over shoes. I don't think they do! But hope you find some! I cross my fingers for you;)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Found a pair of the totes ones today at the local hospital thrift shop for a dollar. They're not exactly good looking, but I snagged 'em because I don't like water coming through my leather soles.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Feraud said:
A pair of the Totes rubbers should suffice.

That's exactly what I've been looking for, for my hubby. Have you bought any recently at a brick and mortar store?? If so could you tell me where? Please!!:) I haven't had any luck yet...

Joie

Feraud

Bartender
Joie DeVive said:
That's exactly what I've been looking for, for my hubby. Have you bought any recently at a brick and mortar store?? If so could you tell me where? Please!!:) I haven't had any luck yet...

Joie
Have you checked Rite-Aid?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
overshoes for the colder wetter days ahead

Very much like a gray sued top Balmoral boot of the old days. Very Spat-ish.

These are overshoes with some pinache. I think I'm gong to get a pair.

Swims over-ankle-boots.

http://www.swimsstore.com/products.aspx?cId=66

2007115-163022-154_md.JPG

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
They look pretty sharp. Are they available in, or for shipping to, the US?

And how do the sizes work? (I've never bought overshoes, much less in European sizes.)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley