Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garage Sale Score!!!

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
I don't know how many of you go to Garage Sales, but you got to start going. I stopped by this one down my street on a whim. The lady who was running the sale had no idea what she had. I got a green bakelite bracelet, a never worn 1920's dress, a never worn 1930's dress ( the dress still has the starch and is stiff like it just came off the rack from a store) and a 1940's leather bag.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Cute! Was the sale in San Rafael? All the garage sales I would go to in Marin were never very good, but they have awesome thrift stores. One of my favorites is Hospice Hodgepodge, its near Sol Food just off of 4th St. in San Rafael.

I love going to garage sales in LA, my boyfriend and I always manage to find great stuff. We haven't gone in over a year though because his work schedule is so wonky. I hate to think of the great deals I'm missing out on!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I'm going home next week so I'm definitely going to be going to all those places. Salvation Army isn't as good as it used to be though, before they renovated it!

I got mega thrifting skills from skipping class with friends and going to all those places! I haven't thrifted in forever though, it's so hard to find goodies when you're out of practice.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love when people don't know what they have. At a particular estate sale, I was able to get a red Dofan purse in mint condition for $10, a jadeite place for 25 cents, a pink confetti lucite beaded necklace for a quarter as well, and my boyfriend bought about 12 1940's ties for a few dollars. Awesome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo