Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemens Grooming

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I've been DE shaving for about a year, and I wouldn't to back to disposables. After trying five different razors and ten or eleven brands of blades, I've come down to my favorites. Best razor, for me, is the 1930 Gillette bar handled NEW, open comb, either the LC or the SC. Combine the NEW with a Rapira super stainless blade, I get smooth, close, comfortable shave. I have no idea how many shaves I could get, as I don't try for longevity, I stay with comfort, so after three or four shaves I change blades. The one modification that I made to the NEW was to add a custom 85mm, 103gr. SS handle.

dnjan

One Too Many
I'm quite pleased with the disposables. It is not easy to cut yourself with disposables, you have to work at it. They're not expensive, use one for a week and throw it away and start a new one.
I guess that is one of the main problems I have with disposable razors.

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
If I were to shave my beard (I wear a full beard and mustachios - though not connected with one another) aside from the manicuring the corners of my mouth and the undersides of the twirls of my mustachios, I'd have to be shaving twice a day (which is kind of why I stopped. It's too much of a hassle for very little remuneration!). But yeah. If anyone needs Gillette razors, just look in the 99 cents store. That's where I get my disposable safety razor blades. I need to change blades every 2 shaves on average with my beard. Buuuut, I can shave without even cold water if I need to. I can also shave with my beautiful straight razor with which I shaved my father every day for many years. I also use shaving soap in a mug and a badger bristle brush and the rest. Oh! And I use a Japanese box-wood brush for my mustachios, and Brylcreem and occasionaly Sweet Georgia Brown for my hair. I've still got my grandfather's old tin of SGB from the 30s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart