Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
I haven't heard of ERES. It could be a model name or store. Is there a paper label? I really like the ribbon. I would guess early 60s. Is the liner stitched or glued?

8640713778_0a50df708c.jpg

Its a glued liner I thought 60's as well most of the hats in that delivery seemed to date to the 60's or 70's

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Yes that's my guess! 70s is a good time fo that hat. I can nothing find about ERES. It's a Fashion Label for clothes? Probably not

http://www.thelabelfinder.de/labelsuche/eres-menswear/index.php/label/view/23089

Found that! Registered trademark!
http://www.tmdb.de/de/marke/ERES,DE1166028.html

This factory has a own house brand with name ERES
The company Wilhelm Blicker & Co. was a gentleman clothing factory in Karlsruhe.
contents

1 History
2 Trade register
3 Web
4 Footnotes

history

The company was founded in 1919 as a clothing factory, and Mr. had his seat in the 62nd Vorholzstrasse [1] Under the brand name "Blico" were woolen coats, gabardine coats and trench coats made​​.

In 1933 the company was named "William Blicker & Co. Limited Liability Company" is entered in the commercial register.

After the Second World War it was briefly in Lessingstraße 37a [2] and then again in the 62nd Vorholzstrasse By 1960 the factory moved to the Lord clothes Brauerstraße 8 [3]

In 1975, Wilhelm Blicker special coat factory of the Herford "FW Brinkmann GmbH bought out "and converted in 1976 in a limited partnership.

1984, the company paid for the second time Olympian and accompaniment from [4].

In the northwestern city of 1994, a new production and administration building at Watt Road 15 was obtained.

2008, the Karlsruhe site has been closed and the operation of Eduard Dressler adopted.

Horst Wellensiek is eliminated
After last seven years at the bugatti Holding Brinkmann Wellensiek Horst leaves the company on 31.03.2011. A total of 46 years experience Wellensiek can boast in the fashion industry. Born in Westphalia increased in 2004 as general manager of specialized coats and sportswear company Blicker Wilhelm GmbH & Co. KG in Karlsruhe and led there initially 133 employees. After termination of the license agreement licensor Burberry and Daks the company has been abandoned for 31 March 2009.

The former Clued-brand "Eres" was from Autumn / Winter 2009 at the dressier clothing factories, Brinkmann GmbH & Co. KG, Großostheim, continued under the direction of Horst Wellensiek. Since the brand Eres expired with the Fall / Winter 2010, have to urinate Horst Wellensiek.

"With heart and soul I have directed the company, but unfortunately let the revenue loss is a continuation of the company for economic reasons not to," said Wellensiek. The 61-year-old is looking forward now to a new stage of life and emphasizes that ", the car slows' in the future and allows me to invest healthy and free time in private."

Last edited:

kolchak

New in Town
The labels thing can get so confusing here in Germany - here one day and gone the next or renamed. I have a hard time finding certain affordable suit brands that I like.

Whereas in the states the brand names seem to stick around and it is the factories and manufacturing that get switched with regularity. When I buy Van Heusen dress shirts in LA, I have to literally look on the label to see where they are from (some come from Viet Nam, some Taiwan, some Honduras etc) to make sure they are the ones I like!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
The labels thing can get so confusing here in Germany - here one day and gone the next or renamed. I have a hard time finding certain affordable suit brands that I like.

Whereas in the states the brand names seem to stick around and it is the factories and manufacturing that get switched with regularity. When I buy Van Heusen dress shirts in LA, I have to literally look on the label to see where they are from (some come from Viet Nam, some Taiwan, some Honduras etc) to make sure they are the ones I like!

:D

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Had a very small delivery yesterday of just 8 hats apparently "Grade A" one was a nice homburg which has a massive slice out of it another was an unbranded hat which had been completely ruined by moths needless to say not the "Grade A" I had paid for, but the saving grace was this, It was incredibly creased so I've tried my novice best with steam to sort it out, not perfect but ok. I didn't want to try and perfect the hat as I would prefer to use a hat that was in worse condition but here it is a nice Huckel Elephant grey fedora stitched liner so I was thinking early 60's?
DSC_149_1024x1024.jpg

DSC_0149_1024x1024.jpg

I have a large delivery tomorrow so fingers crossed for some gems!

The Hückel (Weilheim) Chevreau is a great find! I would say mid to late 50s. I think with a little more steam and a hat stretcher you can make it almost perfect. I would use the stretcher with a leather conditioner to smooth out the sweatband. The Chevreau is a super nice speciality finish!

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
I really need to invest in these products, my car is being fixed at the minute which is costing an arm and a leg but as soon as I sell that I can finally get some hat products at the minute all I have are brushes! There are a couple of nice vintage hat stretchers on the bay so might have to have a look before resorting to the hat jack!

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
So my delivery came in and for once I've got a good haul, two Borsalino's both made in Italy one pretty much brand new condition the other stained, Ive got a lot of decent hats that need a bit of tlc, two of my favourites are here a German Made Stetson and a 1969 Mockel ?
dsc0173kz.jpg

dsc0174ucj.jpg

dsc0175gy.jpg

dsc0176ld.jpg

dsc0159uz.jpg

dsc0163kh.jpg

dsc0164fd.jpg

Last edited:

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Note to mods I posted this is post new hats as I didn't realise this thread existed feel free to delete from there .......I saved this Anton Pichler a week or so ago from charity shop death, sadly it's too small for me being a 57cm(I need a 58), it's in very fine condition indeed save a very small mark on the ribbon;
2vinn0x.jpg

26122z6.jpg
2hhhw29.jpg

radizm.jpg

here's the tiny mark
20pujrt.jpg

out of interest has anyone an idea of date?

Nice pickups! As noted all are 1960s or a bit later. Moeckel (Bad Homburg) was the original hat company that made the Homburg for Edward VII. I think the company might have changed hands after WWII. The Stetson was made by Mayser under license. Anton Pichler was out of Graz Austria although they had a factory in Novy Jicin (Czecho Slovakia) prior to WWII (was Austria prior to WWI).

It's possible but it will some what change the shape of the hat. It could also damage the sweatband. I would go very slow and see how it responds. I would keep it in the stretcher for a month or more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart