Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Get Smart and Sliding Doors

tuppence

Practically Family
Apparently Sliding doors didn't exist (in Australia anyway) when Get Smart was first produced.
And while we still can't shrink our kids, what are some TV/Movie inventions and futuristic gadgets that you'd like to see.

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Two words: flying cars.

Flying cars! Yes!
Realistically, I think I'd want a flying car only if just a few people had them. (Yes, I'd be one of the lucky rich ones. :p) Can you imagine the skies cluttered like highways? Ugh!

I'd say shoe phone, but I'm sure someone out there makes them - or *could* make them.

#1 on everyone's list, of course, is a time machine...

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
Keep cars on the ground thank you. The way people drive cars around here imagine a 16 yr old with a Flying car ! I would take the Mach 5 though or maybe Gigantor but I guess cartoons don't count.

Here's the thing: to use an Aerocar legally, you need both licenses, driver and pilot. And you can't just take off from the highway, BTW, you need space to assemble the wings and tailgroup onto the 'coupe'--and then you need a runway, which are generally not easy to access with a vehicle.

It could work, there'd just have to be certification of Federal Aviation Regulations compliance by the owner before purchase--probably the same hoops as buying a plane--anyone who owns a bird care to chime in and educate us?

DNO

One Too Many
Star Trek transporter..."beam me up Scotty". I hate flying....actually I love flying, I just hate modern passenger aircraft.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
A replicator from Star Trek...

Ah...Then I'd never have to cook again... :D

Funny about the flying cars. Saw something last week that looked a LOT like the video, except the wings were tiny & attached to the sides. Not sure why it was driving the streets in my neighborhood. Guess they sell plane parts at the mall now? lol

Edward

Bartender
Star Trek transporter..."beam me up Scotty".

Though "You can beam us up now, Mr Scott" is the closest Kirk got to ever actually saying that, ;)

I hate flying....actually I love flying, I just hate modern passenger aircraft.

I'm fine with flying, modern planes.... it's the ridiculous, OTT security nonsense one is subjected to these days that make me avoid flying when possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ