Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Give me tips on nice leather shoes for the summer

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Thanks for all suggestions.

I cannot buy online as I need them like yesterday.
It was more needing help with what style of shoe and I have gotten alot of good tips.

I will go out and see whats available today in my pricerange.

Windward

Practically Family
You have found what you are looking for ...

Yes - white bucks are great!! Have to admit also into good (or good looking) shoes - simply necessary to complete every look!

Ah!....What about spectators?: These are my custom made Allen Edmonds "Broadstreet" - but you can get some in every price range:

allen-edmonds_Spectator.jpg

Maybe our ladies also like to have new shoes:

Ladiesshoes.jpg

a gift she will never forget . . .

andy richards

Practically Family
Yep, Red Wing Iron Ranger are a favorite of me too. Got two pair of them, in tan and dark brown. Also I like the Palladium boots. They come in various colours and styles.
Andy
palladium20pallabrousse.jpg

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some of the (temperature) coolest shoes for summer
are leather weave shoes, either huarache style
shoes.jpeg

or more formal/traditional (these are A-E and Florsheim):

Allen-Edmonds-Chili-Calf-Weave-Mens-Hampstead-Oxford.jpg

T10001614.jpg

Another very comfortable option for summer is a thin leather
cowboy boot, such as ostrich leather.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Thanks for all the suggestions. Alot of very nice shoes both long and short.
What mattered most in this case was that they should feel light and also be easy to get on and off.

I made it happen today with a pair of Clarks desert boots with a stretchy shoelace.
They can now be slipped on and off with ease and they are also very lightfeeling
and cooler then one might think. Also very nice to walk in wich is important
since I walk alot with my kid.

I liked the offwhite/cream the most, but the chocolate brown was the safest
buy since they seem to work with everything. I got something inbetween.

3.jpg

1.jpg

This color is great since it will have the ability to age and be darker.

When I have more money I would like to have the Iron rangers and the Indy boot aswell.

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Good choice with the desert boots. I read through the thread and if you hadn't already gotten them I was going to recommend them. My desert boots are my go to casual boots. My go to rotation is desert boots, Quoddy mocs, and AE loafers. You can't go wrong with chukkas, similarly I found a pair of made in England Clark's desert boots that were NOS, too bad I have gigantic feet :rage: You would be surprised about how much softer and more supple they are than the current line.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah sometimes you come so close but yet so far away.

I got them in suede so they are very very soft.
Leather would have had the chance to get nicer wear, but I liked the feeling of these.

I wonder how many times I walked right by them in my life, being at different places in my life about clothes. I went to 5 shoestores today and 4 of them had the desert boot. One store even had them to display outside along with 3 other types.

JanSolo

Practically Family
I made it happen today with a pair of Clarks desert boots

Good boy!
Best choice apart from vintage Converse Allstars.
Stylish, goes well with all sorts of classy streetwear (dry denim, vintage workwear, flightjackets), vintage looking, stitched construction, comfortable and lightweight, easy to resole if desired, hip, urban and Steve McQueen approved.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Jan: THank you for the suggestion. And its funny, because I was thinking of getting a pair of converse yesterday. They had sale on alot of items. Sailorshoes aswell. But are the low all stars also vintage or are they modern?

JanSolo

Practically Family
High or low, the design is truly old school. But there is (or was) a small vintage range of high allstars. The were slighty pre-aged with toned down greyish laces and aged rubber welts and toe caps. They were only available in classic colours like black, burgundy etc. I bought myself a pair in mud/olive. I like them very much. By now the pre-aging has been replaced by real wabi...

http://www.sportloebl.de/all-star-hi-ct-garment-folk-brown.html

My desert boots:

http://www.zalando.de/clarks-originals-desert-boot-denim-blue.html

http://www.zalando.de/clarks-desert-boot-schnuerer-tobacco-suede-cl1-mzw-0011-99.html

Dave E

One of the Regulars
Good choice, I love desert boots and they are extremely versatile. I've gone through a good few pairs in the last 20 years, got three pairs at the moment: tan, chocolate brown and black. Worth taking care of the suede on them, give them a brush with a proper suede brush regularly.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Worth taking care of the suede on them, give them a brush with a proper suede brush regularly.

+1, DaveE!!
I also use a quality pressurized repellant on them which keeps them astonishingly clean and of course makes them water-repellent. It also helps to fight colour transfer from dry denim jeans. It really works!

Dave E

One of the Regulars
JanSolo said:
+1!! I also use a good pressurized repellant on them which keeps them magically clean and of course makes them water-repellent.

Damned good point, make sure you hit them while they're brand new with a water-repellent spray, otherwise they won't last well in any kind of rain.

narwhale

New in Town
Agreed about the suede treatment. It worked great on my desert boots.

Griff, if you're going to get sneakersI'd recommend a pair of the Converse Jack Purcells. They look about the same and are a little more expensive (maybe $15-20 in the US) but there's a big difference in comfort in my opinion.

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
I have to second JanSolo: Clarks are a good buy. However it should be very easy to find classic deck or boat shoes. They are made for the summer and are not very expensive.

Garbstore even has a fashionable and quite competetively priced version:
http://www.garbstore.com/product/?b...&brandInfo=false&productID=1528&imgVarID=1791

If you want the absolute best, you will have to check out Quoddy's from Maine that are made of Horween Horsehide:
http://www.selectism.com/news/2010/05/19/guest-blogger-start-with-typewriters/#more-40787

normanf

One of the Regulars
I love driving shoes. I have the ones made by Prada and Todd's very comfortable on a long drive. The rubber nubs don't stand up to a lot of walking though.

Leather sneakers may be better for summertime walking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy