Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Give me tips on nice leather shoes for the summer

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I really need a new pair of shoes and I always wear sneakers in the summer.
Even tho I usually try to get them in brown leather it really isnt classy or even cool.

Shoes I like is offcourse the Indy shoe and also something like this:

IronRangeInKumamoto01.jpg

The problem is that they arent really good if it gets warm and they are also too expensive right now.

I am terrible when it comes to shoes, I have been wearing snakeskinboots for the most part of my adult life and I dont really know whats out there.

To sum it up:
* It should fit my style - jeans and t-shirt and maybe leather jacket.
* Leather
* They should look cool, like those iron rangers they should say - this is a man and not a girl
* Not modern, but shouldnt look like Im older then I am
* Easy to get in and out of
* Comfortable in the summer and also good to walk in since I walk alot.
* Not too expensive

I am lost and this is the best I have found:
16736-g.jpg

13103-g.jpg

They could work, but they feel a little too much for older people.
I dont see them go well with my walletchain or a cafe racer.

[huh]

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
You could stick with Red Wing and try their Wabasha deck style shoes. Also, I think i've seen some decent Clarks Originals around this summer, can't recall the names of the models though, i'll sleuth online and see what turns up.

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
Theres the type II service shoe, looks a bit like that first pair of boots you posted, but you need insoles for these if you want to do a lot of walking.
At the front has them, not sure about how you'll feel about the price seeing as you didn't put specifics, but i have a pair and use them for everyday wear.
110$.
http://atthefront.com/us/footwear/serviceshoes.html
us_boot_serv_shoe_main.jpg

Wolfe
Oh, and about the heat. I find these to be fine with a pair of cotton socks, and i live in Florida.

RP McMurphy

One of the Regulars
Summer Shoes

http://www.sperrytopsider.com/store...5115*W160&productId=7-100210&catId=cat90046DM

Boat-shoes, docksiders, top-siders, moccasins... Whatever you want to call them, they're the quintessential summer shoe to me. They work well with jeans, khakis, shorts... just remember that they're not "dress shoes" per say. They work best as an alternative to sandals, IMHO.

Another option are plain brown oxfords, such as wing, cap, or plain toes. Check around the web... Remix vintage shoes has a good-looking set of two-tone spectators that might work: http://www.remixvintageshoes.com/index3.html

Hope that helps!

RP

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Thanks for the tips. I dont really see anything that is good yet tho.

The boots from at the front are nice and I have considered them, but they
arent easy to slip on and off. Price is just right, I will give it some more thought.

RP, sorry but I cant use what we called "sailor-shoes" when I was a kid.
I wore them when I was 12 and nowdays its only brats here who wears them
together with their pink shirt, golden belt and white pants.
Nice shoes at Remix, but nothing really fits what Im looking for.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
If you're interested in what's popular in the 20-30 y/o young professional American crowd, www.jcrew.com and http://www.bananarepublic.com are two good places to start.

As far as summer shoes that go with a heavy leather jacket, that seems contradictory to me. But I'll take a shot anyway.

I love my Blundstones (and did before J. Crew started selling them). My first pair saw me through several years and four continents:

130338_73500.gif

But I don't tend to wear them as much in the summer.

These seem like "summer cool" to me, although I don't own a pair (from J. Crew):

erez-1.jpg

And these are popular (and comfortable) (from Cole Haan):

Picture10.png

They're pretty popular in Italy this spring, as well.

And finally, for my favorite summer shoe (actually, a sandal), I love my Chacos, although I'd say it's pretty much impossible to pull them off with a leather jacket! I like the ones without a toe loop:

CHZ1UN2MN-BLKtif.png

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Joe: There are some low boots in stores here that both look good
and have that stretchy side for easy on and off like the first ones you show.
I will see tomorrow if they have some that is a bit lighter then usual.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
JoeNiblick said:
As far as summer shoes that go with a heavy leather jacket, that seems contradictory to me.

My sneakers have gotten holes in them so the pair I get will be the only
pair I will use this summer. In the evenings it can still get colder and
I might wanna use my Highwayman.

/edit/ offcourse I have some white canvas shoes to use with shorts, but I mean I need a pair to go with jeans.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
Blundstones are actually pretty lightweight. They're an Australian brand, and worth the wait if you need to order them through the mail.

http://www.blundstone.com/

The 500's are the original, I think, but I just upgraded to the 550 when my last pair bit the dust.

bentusian

One of the Regulars
The pair in the first pic is, as the filename clearly manifests, Iron Ranger by Redwing. (the filename also indicates the background is a Japanese town called Kumamoto, which is famous for quality horsehide production) Personally I cannot reccomend enough this pair of Iron Ranger, but its ankle height might be a bit stuffy for summer (maybe not too bad in Norway?).

Judging from other pics you posted, I'd think shoes by 'Camper' might be part of your consideration: http://shop.camper.com/index.xhtml

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy