Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Give Thanks for the Fedora Lounge

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
Yes, I agree, I only found this fantastic forum recently, the people using it all seem great and the wealth of information, news, views etc is amazing with nothing nasty. I do visit it quite often, at work, when the boss is not around! I was thinking, as I recently reached a BIG birthday, (it had a zero in it!), and my hair line is receeding, that it was time to invest in some decent headwear and so I bought my first proper hat, a fedora! a couple of weeks ago and have already had some complimentary coments! Kind Rgds.

Hamletsghost

New in Town
gtdean48
Don't forget to mention HATS or this will get off to the Observation Bar thread.

OK ----- HATS :D

All kidding aside - I found this forum a year & a half ago while researching what else -- HATS.
I have purchased a few proper gentlemans hats in that time. Before that - Ball caps & straws. (When you wear Hawiian shirts 365 I thought that was all I could pull off). WRONG - Because of the helpful friendly and amusing advice I have found here.
My collection of caps won't ever go away, but I am now augmenting with my fedora's, my Territory, and will hopefully be contacting Art for a great custom. I never realized that crossing styles would work so well.
The bonus of this site is all the other topics & I have read dozens & dozens going back years. From movies to style to all the rest this forum is a joy of non confrontational fellowship, information, & taste.
I belong to a music related forum and have found myself trying to be the voice of reason & tollerance more times than I care for (not enough to keep me from participating tho.)
So again---
HAT'S - HAT'S - HAT'S - STETSON - BORSOLINO - VINTAGE SILHOUETTES - OPTIMO - BLACK SHEEP - PANAMA BOB - ADVENTUREBUILT - AKUBRA - FEDORA - HOMBURG - PORKPIE - TOPPER - BOWLER -
(nEED i MENTION MORE?)
THANKS FEDORA LOUNGE FOR BEING THE KEEPER OF THE FLAME.

Brian

Last edited:

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi to all,
hats...
this is really a nice places....where talking about hats....with several nice people....that like hat....
God bless you.
Riccardo.

Tatude

New in Town
It's because of this site I've purchased 6 hats since I decided to buy just one last October. Maybe people here are alot nicer since they are secure in who they are comfortable in their own skin. Whatever the reason it's a place where someone new can get good information and feel that they can post questions.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I found this place several years ago searching for "bush jacket". I eventually joined almost a year ago. I now own a Beaver Brand Stony River, a Stetson Temple from the Outlet, and I have a Campaign hat from Roy Jackson on order. My credit card and I thank you. I've always been a history nut, so this is just another outlet for that interest.

From other hobbies, I'm always amazed that instead of going off on their own and starting something that THEY want done, a lot of people want to force YOUR organization to change. The Lounge seems to be a more mature bunch, so while I respect someone else's desire to "get nekked" and post their pictures, I hope that they'll respect ours and post them on their own board. You can take the "mature" comment either way. I'll be eligible to join AARP soon myself.

On a side note, I've only read a few threads from the "Beauty" and "Powder Room" forums. I don't do it on purpose, and when I get there by accident it ALWAYS SCARES ME.

Thanks

Big_e

Practically Family
I am very grateful for the Fedora Lounge. This forum has been a good influence to me. I'm dressing better nowadays. My family and friends note a big difference. Thanks to the advice and influence of men and women here I'm more picky about what I wear. I'm treated with more respect and alot more doors open for me.
Ernest

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I am very grateful for the Fedora Lounge. This forum has been a good influence to me. I'm dressing better nowadays. My family and friends note a big difference. Thanks to the advice and influence of men and women here I'm more picky about what I wear. I'm treated with more respect and alot more doors open for me.
Ernest

It is terrific to get some positive reinforcement in our obsession for good hats.
There are so many great examples, but here's one from about a year ago.
A nice elderly lady gave me some hats that had belonged to her husband ... this happens once in a while in a small town ... because people know you'll take care of them.
Anyway, there was also an older hat box that I didn't mess with until I got home and when I opened it, there was a beautiful, great condition, brown Stetson Whippet.

I've liked lots of vintage hats and have been collecting seriously since the mid-'70s, always for wear.
I was grateful for this new-old dress hat that had been given to me, but when I started paying attention to the comments on this site, I realized just how lucky I truly was.

Thanks, to all of you

Sam

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If you click on the new posts tab it's easy to wander into the girls section from the list that comes up.

Hi, yep, I look at the new posts and I used to just click on the title. Now I look at the forum and THEN click on the title. I've managed to force the first incursion out of my mind, but the "Where should men shave" thing was also pretty scary. I've only done it twice.

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner