Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gladhatter

rdgrove

New in Town
i just received an email from charlie telling me that a hat i bid on ebay was not what i was looking for. this was unsolicited advice. is his advice reliable?

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I would forward his e-mail to ebay and let them deal with it. He sells on ebay and this is just another way for him to try and get business for himself. He will say and do anything to drum up more sales for himself. I wouldn't buy 2 dollars of ribbon from him.

fedoralover

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Fedoralover wrote

I would forward his e-mail to ebay and let them deal with it. He sells on ebay and this is just another way for him to try and get business for himself. He will say and do anything to drum up more sales for himself. I wouldn't buy 2 dollars of ribbon from him.

fedoralover

I looked up the word Evil.

Having or exhibiting bad moral qualities; morally corrupt; wicked; wrong; vicious; as, evil conduct, thoughts, heart, words, and the like.

I'll stick with Robert, Art and Steve for my hat needs and or advice!!

BD Jones

One of the Regulars
Charlie is a lunatic. He does make a great hat, but it is not worth the baggage that comes with it. I like the two hats I have from him, and wear them often (when the weather is not 100+ degrees like this summer). But, his attitude and the way he treats people who DO NOT buy his product is reprehensible. Some of the people he treats like this, he calls friends. With friends like that....

Speaking of his product, he is (apparently) trying to get his hat to be the next Indy hat (for Indy 4). God help us if they fall for his sales pitch. I think it may trigger the beginning of the apocalypse.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Not exactly related....I've talked to about a dozen hatters over the past month and a half and a full 1/4 of them claimed to make the Indy hat when they recounted their successes...and of course, I wasn't asking for their successes, just inquiring about blocking Montecristis and/or following up on customers' suggestions and the ego and stories fell into place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy