Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to SEPHORAAAAAAAAA...

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
My gal pal and I are going there on Sunday for a scheduled makeup consultation. I'm super excited, but I fear for my wallet lol

My goals are to find the RIGHT shade of foundation and the perfect red lipstick (the shades I like my husband can't stand, and the shade he likes I think is too orange).

MJ, said gal pal went there previously to buy a foundation, and she raved about the staff. Not only did she get a brand of foundation that was basically idiot proof (she's not a big makeup person, so her purchase was tailored to her experience level), the foundation was incredible. I couldn't tell she was wearing any makeup at all, but she had a flawless finish to her skin. So I think you can shop with peace of mind :D Her experience is what convinced me to go.

MJrules

One of the Regulars
swingtimegal said:
MJ, said gal pal went there previously to buy a foundation, and she raved about the staff. Not only did she get a brand of foundation that was basically idiot proof (she's not a big makeup person, so her purchase was tailored to her experience level), the foundation was incredible. I couldn't tell she was wearing any makeup at all, but she had a flawless finish to her skin. So I think you can shop with peace of mind :D Her experience is what convinced me to go.

^ this is what's convincing me to go! Thanks for the input.

mrswheats

One of the Regulars
MJrules said:
^ this is what's convincing me to go! Thanks for the input.

Well, the makeup consultation was a smashing success! The girl was professional, helpful, and LISTENED to what my gal pal and I were both looking for.
I got a terrific foundation this isn't heavy or cakey, and is sheer enough that I don't look "made up"; you can still see all my freckles :D
The best part is, they don't work on commission, so you don't get pressured into buying everything they put on your face, and because they sell dozens of different brands of makeup, you can find a good price range. I will definitely be going back!

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
I was at my beautician for a hair color and cut and while I was waiting for the color to set we started going through her products that she just received from Sephora and tried them out!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been able to find a foundation that I "knew" was the right one until now. The product is called Some Kind-A Gorgeous by Benefit. It had the look of a full-coverage foundation but it went on so light I didn't even notice I had foundation on. Also, the Erase Paste is to die for! Needless to say I went home and put an order in that when I was finished I had to narrow it down before I checked out lol I received free shipping (because it was over $50 :D ) and you always have 30 days to return (free return shipping) if your not satisfied. That's better than MAC.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
cassylynn said:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I have never been able to find a foundation that I "knew" was the right one until now. The product is called Some Kind-A Gorgeous by Benefit. It had the look of a full-coverage foundation but it went on so light I didn't even notice I had foundation on.

That foundation is like buttah. Buttah for the face!

*and it will actually improve your skin over time. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL