Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden Bear 1992 suede trucker - Maverick

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
The Golden Bear suede trucker came in, in wonderful, heavy, rust suede. Barely used. The tag inside pocket says Maverick, mfg Sept 15, 1992. Size Small. The fit is overall good. I can live with the shoulder width being on the wide side for me (19-in), but I probably cannot live with the stovepipe, pleated, Seinfeld, balloon sleeves. I can have them taken in pretty inexpensively, and that is what I am inclined to do, because I love the heavy suede (4.5 lbs!), overall quality, and color. What do you guys say? Has anybody done a gastric surgery on sleeves like that? On to a couple of pics:

PXL_20230411_141436133~2.jpg

PXL_20230411_141504541~2.jpg

I've done with a few 5 Stars as they too provide literal pant leg sleeves. It cost me a stack with Dena. If you can get 'er done cheap, I would say absolutely do it. The rest of the jacket looks great!

I've often wondered why the 90's era stuff became so blousy...I could understand it more in the 80's, as a counterpoint to the skin tight 70's stuff but it seems the 90's really were the decade of wild balloon fits. This jacket is kind of a mix as the torso looks fairly fitted. Shoulders are wide but that's not a fit killer in and of itself. But yeah those sleeves, that might be my biggest pet peeve.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
You are spot on, Ton. The torso is perfect for me, 20-in p2p and 17.5-in hem. Just perfect. But they made wide shoulders, wide armholes, and sleeves that could power America's Cup sailboats. Really, wtf? Here's hoping that my tailor can do a miracle with them, because, as you said, the rest of the jacket is a definite keeper for me. I got it fairly inexpensively, so I got some headroom in terms of spend.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
That's the 90s sleeves for sure. The torso fits great. Great find. This has that bigger white label with the green bear right?

jeo

One Too Many
I actually like a baggy fit on truckers sometimes. Are the sleeves long? Will they go past your thumb knuckle if you were to open that cuff button.

It doesn't look horrible from front. I'm also sure this is a case that it will look much better when you're living and moving in it as opposed to a still photo. And it looks great from the back. But if you can't live with it and you got it cheap, go for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner