Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

[FOR SALE] Harley Davidson straight zip CHP by Golden Bear sz 40

Nacho

Practically Family
Hi all,

Selling my Harley Davidson straight zip CHP in size 40. After some digging around, I've found out that this dude was made by Golden Bear based on the #RN number on the tag. I also think that it was made in the 80s after the Davidson family took back the company from AMF, so this might be a special edition of some sort.

The jacket is in great conditions. All original brass Talon zippers are in working conditions. The lining does have previous minor repairs that I will show in the pictures below. It also has some small holes at the right pit, but nothing major.

That being said, the leather shell is in excellent shape. No tears. No rips. No loose threads. Nada. It is cowhide with beautiful grains and medium weight. Now, this is the weight that I can comfortably wear. I have several Cal CHPs before (here's one) and, good lord, they are all heavy and built like an amor which is great for riding, but is not for everyday use. I don't ride motorcycle anymore so I don't see the needs for it. But this Harley dude right here. He's good for everyday use. Not too heavy yet not too light. Perfecto!

Furthermore, the stitching on this dude is very clean, way better than the Cals I've had. Also, it has a slight curve at the back as opposed to the beaver tail we've often seen in the Cals and other CHPs. I don't know about you, but I actually prefer the former over the latter. It looks cleaner and more refined for fashion purposes. Fellas, don't we all wanna look good for the ladies, huh?

The jacket is size 40 and fits like one. Here are the measurements:

P2P - 21"
Waist - 18" (you can let it loose for extra length if needed)
Sleeves - 25"
Shoulders - 18"
Back length - 23.5"

Asking $400USD shipped CAN/USA via PayPal FF. I've bought stuff from members here before so no worries on that front. But if you need references, I can certainly provide.

FRONT

tempImageIqix2w.jpg

tempImagebsytqL.jpg

tempImagerffTZv.jpg

tempImagedXVipE.jpg

tempImagepIuUBR.jpg

tempImageFSCHew.jpg

tempImagekkfHTY.jpg

tempImageCCluAR.jpg

tempImage2cObXe.jpg

=> Here are the previous repairs. At the bottom and the top of this inner pocket <=

Nacho

Practically Family
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to comment here or PM me. Thanks for looking.

Cheers!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Incredible jacket. I’m feeling tempted although I already have a straight zip Cal. Good luck with sale!

Nacho

Practically Family
What a nice jacket! Could you post a pic measuring the main zipper?

I hope this is what you’re looking for.

IMG_5864.jpeg

Typical #10 beefy Talon zipper in 18” length. I believe it was NOS at the time this jacket was made.

wlsn

New in Town
Shoot me an offer, friend. I’ll see what I can do for you.
I'd love to but I can't. Found out today I need a bunch of dental work done, over the next few months, and it's not covered by insurance. I'm sure someone will pick it up!

Nacho

Practically Family
I'd love to but I can't. Found out today I need a bunch of dental work done, over the next few months, and it's not covered by insurance. I'm sure someone will pick it up!

No worries. Take care of yourself first, man.

skybert

One of the Regulars
I hope this is what you’re looking for.

View attachment 577371

Typical #10 beefy Talon zipper in 18” length. I believe it was NOS at the time this jacket was made.
You nailed it - I've been a bad judge of how a jacket will fit based on back length alone, and find this to help. This will look too short on me (really hoped there was a magical front drop somewhere).

I mean it though: really nice jacket. GLWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner