Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden-Era Hot-Rodding

Studebaker Driver

One of the Regulars
Clayton used to post often on the MTFCA website, but I haven't seen evidence of him lately. His '27 is just the best thing since fried eggs. And I like it that he mixes and matches, his starting crank, his headlights, his steering column w/spark and throttle. That is a happy, happy car. Many are not so fortunate and they struggle with their identity, but Clayton hit a homerun. The drawback is you have to be Clayton's size to fit in it!

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I've ridden in his car and was quite comfortable as a passenger, but you're correct, there was no way I (at 6'1") was going to be able to drive it. The '23, thankfully, is less cramped than a '26-'27, and we will set up the cockpit ergonomics for me rather than for him.

Also, the details on Clayton's car are out of this world. I have a number of bells-and-whistles planned for mine (spare-tire cover, Buick cowl lamps adapted as turn signals, etc.) that will set it apart from both Clayton's roadster and the other T's of the era that we're emulating.

1925 roadster 01.jpg
Bob Estes 02.jpg
188175.jpg
Fronty Spare Tire Catalog.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112