Golden-Era Hot-Rodding

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by cbrunt, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Studebaker Driver

Studebaker Driver One of the Regulars

Clayton used to post often on the MTFCA website, but I haven't seen evidence of him lately. His '27 is just the best thing since fried eggs. And I like it that he mixes and matches, his starting crank, his headlights, his steering column w/spark and throttle. That is a happy, happy car. Many are not so fortunate and they struggle with their identity, but Clayton hit a homerun. The drawback is you have to be Clayton's size to fit in it!

Zombie_61 likes this.
  2. David Conwill

David Conwill Call Me a Cab

I've ridden in his car and was quite comfortable as a passenger, but you're correct, there was no way I (at 6'1") was going to be able to drive it. The '23, thankfully, is less cramped than a '26-'27, and we will set up the cockpit ergonomics for me rather than for him.

Also, the details on Clayton's car are out of this world. I have a number of bells-and-whistles planned for mine (spare-tire cover, Buick cowl lamps adapted as turn signals, etc.) that will set it apart from both Clayton's roadster and the other T's of the era that we're emulating.

1925 roadster 01.jpg Bob Estes 02.jpg 188175.jpg Fronty Spare Tire Catalog.jpg

Zombie_61 likes this.
  3. David Conwill

David Conwill Call Me a Cab

A bit of fun from the Hollywood High student lot, back in 1937. These wouldn't have been such hot cars by this point, but I'll bet they were still a blast.
    1937 Hollywood High 02.jpg 1937 Hollywood High 01.jpg

BobHufford and Zombie_61 like this.
  4. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

I wouldn't want to take any long trips in either of 'em, but I bet they'd be a hoot for puttering around town.