Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Evening Los Angeles, this is.........

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
For those of us who live in and/or near Los Angeles, there's a station on AM that plays one-hour of old radio programs each weekday night from 9:00-10:00.
The station is powerful enough to reach pretty far out. It's 1260 AM
During the rest of the day and on the weekends they play mostly forties and fifties stuff. It's worth a listen and it's a break from talk-radio once in awhile.
Frankie Lamb

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
What are the call letters? It might have a web site, and have streaming audio.
Cool thing about this station is you can listen on your authentuc restored tube radios!

The Captain

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the info on KGIL 1260! I'm listening to the live streaming feed as I write this. One thing: It's a little strange hearing some of these songs called RETRO, when I remember them as new tunes. Deano singing, "That's Amore". Oh, I forgot. I'm retro, too! Thanks again!

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Remembe when KNX 1070 had a hour of OTR each night? I taped them and listened to them during the commute the next day. The Missus and I would try to catch Burns and Allen and Jack Benny on Saturday nights.

Then management replaced solid entertainment with more news or something, a couple years ago.

I am sure others have posted this but it is worth repeating- if you google "live 365" it is a list of on;ine radio broadcasting. In the sections they have OTR for comedy crimes hows and more plus a lot of old music station too. If you click on "genres" a huge list comes up to select from.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
http://www.rtrfm.com.au/shows/nostalgia

5358993606_b191b120dd.jpg

A few shows you can listen to here, I presented the 30th January edition of Nostalgia, a three hour show

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Remembe when KNX 1070 had a hour of OTR each night? I taped them and listened to them during the commute the next day. The Missus and I would try to catch Burns and Allen and Jack Benny on Saturday nights.

Then management replaced solid entertainment with more news or something, a couple years ago.
Over-the-air radio is no longer commercially viable as a means of communication. It's more of a utility, like water or gas, but free.

If you lit your range and got nitrous oxide, you'd sue your gas company. If you tuned in Newstalk Radio X and got comedy or drama, you'd change to a station that was true to format.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy