Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Lord! What has happened to me???

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
tinmanzzz said:
While watching movies I describe the Hat (Make, Model & period) to my wife.:eek:
She just thinks I'm Crazy :eek: :eek:

I do that with cameras and now hats.It's an automatic reaction.If we go to the cinema and my wife slaps a bit of duck tape across my mouth I'll know why:D

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Its the others who have changed....my Lt. had a complete change when I tried to wear my moonstone FED IV with my uniform instead of my standard issue cover at work last week. I think we Loungers are fine; its the rest of them we have to watch, because after the new folks in Washington taxed the evil cigars, I hear the next tax is on evil hats!!! :eek: ;) lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Its the others who have changed....my Lt. had a complete change when I tried to wear my moonstone FED IV with my uniform instead of my standard issue cover at work last week. I think we Loungers are fine; its the rest of them we have to watch, because after the new folks in Washington taxed the evil cigars, I hear the next tax is on evil hats!!! :eek: ;) lol
I will be wearing a fedora to work after March 11th. :D At least for a month anyways...:rolleyes:

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Stan said:
Hi,

I'm *almost* as bad. I'm not going out to get such movies, but will wander by the old movie channels much more often than I ever used to. As in before I wound up so danged interested in hats.

Later!!

Stan

That makes two of us...... lol

I am sure there are more out there....

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Hats got me into Raymond Chandler. I liked the fedora on Indy and wondered if other characters wore one, which got me into 1940s crime fiction, where most other fedora wearing characters are. I do also like Raymond Chandler for his plots and style of writing though, it's more than just the characters dress sense that I like.

yoonie

Familiar Face
For the disturbed sartorialist in all of us, a great wardrobe can take the place of an existant plot. Both generate unavoidable interest

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Noir fiction

avedwards said:
Hats got me into Raymond Chandler. I liked the fedora on Indy and wondered if other characters wore one, which got me into 1940s crime fiction, where most other fedora wearing characters are. I do also like Raymond Chandler for his plots and style of writing though, it's more than just the characters dress sense that I like.
Just the opposite for me, avedwards. Reading Raymond Chandler first, and now Ross MacDonald, got me thinking about hats...and wearing them. Both great examples of noir fiction (although far fewer hats for MacDonald's sleuth, Lew Archer).

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Good hats in Vertigo?

Pduck said:
I went to the library today and checked out a bunch of movies based solely on their "hat appeal." Vertigo, The Man Who Wasn't There, The Untouchables, Miller's Crossing, etc.

I used to be normal. :confused:
I read somewhere, probably on this site, that there were good hats in Hitchcock's Vertigo. Not golden age, mind you, but still good 60s hats. Problem is that I hated this movie last time I saw it, years ago...but at Target this weekend, there it was, the special edition 2-disc set for $20, and despite my last experience, on the off-chance it might be hat worthy, I bought it. Got the bug good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy