Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Make Up Brushes?

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I don't know, Miss Goldfish.... I have never used them. Sometimes you can tell by feel, or maybe her website will state that. Welcome!

PS I love your peekaboo hair avatar~ and welcome!

sixsexsix

Practically Family
I love the brushes made by Cover FX, the makeup not so much, but the brushes are amazing. so soft, never lose a hair, and well priced.

I also have MAC brushes, which are soft, but the blush brush loses hairs constantly. I do really like their lip brush - 'cept I use it on my eyebrows.

KittenHasCurves

New in Town
Goldfish said:
can anyone tell my if Sonia Kashuk brushes are synthetic or natural hair?!

I'm fairly certain the SK brushes are natural hair, and the Target.com website claims so as well.

I have several of her brushes and I think they are very nice.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
Thanks!

I don't know... a lot of companies say that no animals are harmed to make their brushes, but who do they garantuee?

Don't know if I can stand using animal hair brushes...

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Never buy cheaply made brushes. You will always regret it. Brushes are tools. Buy quality at the best price but don't compromise.

There are a number of great brush companies, but if you are in the UK go the Make-Up Artist Show next month. You won't find a better selection of price:

http://www.makeupartistshow.net/

"If I have my brushes I can make someone look beautiful with dirt." -Celebrity makeup artist Colier Strong

roselily

One of the Regulars
I actually am starting to prefer synthetics to natural hair- I don't like the shedding, and it's better for liquids.

I do like the Sonia Kashuk brushes I've gotten, and I get most of my liner brushes from art stores.

Avoid Everyday Minerals kabuki brush- it's like sandpaper on your skin!

My favorite powder brush is Lancome, with a lovely short handle.

Hausfrau

New in Town
I swear by MAC Cosmetic brushes. They are pricey but they have lasted me years and haven't shed at all. Ebay has some great deals.. HOWEVER.. I have found people on Ebay selling "M.A.C" brushes that are total fakes! I got the clue when they were selling several dozen of the same brush...

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I've recently starting buying MAC brushes and like them a lot, however the blusher brush does shed sometimes. They are expensive but are a good investment. I might try Body Shop brushes as they seem to be highly recommended too.

retromom147

One of the Regulars
I was really surprised but my my Maybelline brush is really great! It's really cheap and you can find it in any Dept. store. Mine is the slanted eye brush and has lasted me over a year now.
My all time fav though is my SheerCover Kabuki Brush...Sometimes I'llshake it out, clean it and rub it on my baby's face to put him to sleep. It's that dreamy! Their concealer brush is really amazing too.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
SarahLouise said:
I've recently starting buying MAC brushes and like them a lot, however the blusher brush does shed sometimes. They are expensive but are a good investment. I might try Body Shop brushes as they seem to be highly recommended too.

Avoid their foundation brush, I heard it's not good, but the other ones are great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner