Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Repro Looks

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Wally_Hood said:
Woody Allen's Radio Days.

The Hudsucker Proxy, although it seems to jumble up a couple of decades.

I just watched Raido Days last night!:eusa_clap

That said, I thought there were some problems w/ the time period, especially when it came to hair. Mia and Dianne both had 'eighties' big hair, though the shaping was attempted. I was a little confused by that. There were also some oddities w/ hair of some of the 'upper class' ladies, who would have probably had a professional set and therefore should have looked 'coiffed'. That's just me and my vintage hair obsession speaking, though. :)

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
For the early 1950s 'Hollywood' or Mr. T look Kevin Spacey in "LA Confidential."
Spacey-LA_l.jpg

l.a._confidential_movie_image_kevin_spacey.jpg

For the late 1950s continental look I always liked Stanley Tucci in "Big Night,"

big-night.jpg

Plus it had Isabella Rosseillini in it!
irossellini_BigNightB.jpg

For early 1900s I've loved the looks recreated in "The Illusionist."

2006_the_illusionist_002.jpg

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Marcus said:
Watched "Chaplin" last night. Thoughts?

The movie is cumbersome and a bit tedious. But Downey Jr's performance is wonderful, no doubt, and I thought the sets /costumes were very authentic. Especially during the early scenes. Moira Kelly annoys me...perhaps she's too earnest?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
LisaFreemontSt said:
The movie is cumbersome and a bit tedious. But Downey Jr's performance is wonderful, no doubt, and I thought the sets /costumes were very authentic. Especially during the early scenes. Moira Kelly annoys me...perhaps she's too earnest?

Let us not forget the importance of being earnest...

LisaFreemontSt

One of the Regulars
Watching The Black Stallion for the umpteenth time, I realized how good the late 40's styling was...especially during the race segment. I also realized that no matter how old I get, I am not able to hold back tears during that segment. haha.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Last night I watched Back Home (2001) again, with Sarah Lancashire. It was a TV special, and only gets a 5.8 on IMDB, but I liked it. The service uniforms, hairdo's, and rationed clothing were very correct - the music and cars were an added bonus. Here are a few stills:

vlcsnap-102901.jpg

vlcsnap-102902.jpg

vlcsnap-102903.jpg

vlcsnap-102904.png

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
LisaFreemontSt said:
Watching The Black Stallion for the umpteenth time, I realized how good the late 40's styling was...especially during the race segment. I also realized that no matter how old I get, I am not able to hold back tears during that segment. haha.

Saw it for the first time on a date and had to control my emotions during the first ride on the island, through the surf- no dialogue, swelling music, amazing visuals. It even gets me just writing about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925