Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GOOD WEAR DONIGER

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jacob Dubow said:
I would like to see those photos, too.;)

J. Dubow

Well I have really enjoyed wearing it. I haven't forgotten about some pics of me wearing it. I will get one of my sons to take some pics in the day light tomorrow.

aswatland

It's a bit of a grey day here in Kent, but here are some photos taken by my 12 year old son. I have also included photos of my original Roughwear 18091 so you can see how accurate the colour of the goatskin is.

Doniger pics:
001-7.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-10.jpg

RW pics:

004-6.jpg

005-6.jpg

006-8.jpg

Now an indoor pic of a section of both jackets, with the Doniger on the left.

007-8.jpg

aswatland

Review of GW Doniger

I have had my size 42 Doniger for several weeks now. It has become my daily wearer. It is extremely comfortable and feels just right! (N.B. All the pics are already earlier in this thread.)

Measurements

Armpit to armpit: 23"
Across the shoulders:19"
Sleeve to end of knit: 25"
Back from base of collar to bottom of knit: 24.5"
Length of windflap: 23"
Epaulette: 7"

Leather

It is made of what I understand is 2oz goatskin. The goatskin is thicker than on my original RW 18091 and is beginning to develop some nice folds. I love the pebbly finish. It is spot on in terms of colour, being a nice light russet. All the seams are sewn with a reddish brown thread and they are not perfectly straight, just like originals in my collection. The pointed collar is very stylish and the pocket flaps are just perfect.

Knits
The knits are an exact match to originals and I believe John hand dyed them to the correct colour. There is no ballooning to the wristlets either!

Hardwear
The Talon zip is a NOS from the war and works perfectly. The nipple snaps are spot on and they even have the tiny indentation in the end found on originals! The throat latch is also a perfect copy of an original.

Spec label
John has accurately reporduced the Doniger label stitch for stitch.

Lining
The cotton lining is the correct colour as on originals and has appropriate inspectors stamp.

Although I had to wait roughly three months for the jacket it was well worth the wait! It is without doubt the best repro I have ever owned. It is a definite keeper! Here are some of the pictures taken by John and a couple of me wearing it. John is certainly a true master craftsman. It is without doubt 1942 out of a box!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR