Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Leather Coat Company Mojave

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I have been considering getting a civilian cross zip from Aero, or Thedi, but my first choice in all things leather jacket is GW. I was also thinking about getting on the list for a Mojave when this one showed up.

This is my new Mojave test jacket sent to me by @nick123, made of a fairly heavy cowhide that I think qualifies as cordovan, or maybe some sort of reddish brown, with contrasting stitching that looks almost purple. It weighs a full pound more than some of my other GWs at +- 4.8 pounds. The leather has a mild sweet smell, is soft and pliable, drapes nicely and has a bit of a waxy finish with some pull up. I would say it is veg tanned but don’t really know. Talon main zipper, maybe NOS, some fun vintage labels and a very light black and white almost fine hounds tooth lining and sateen sleeves. It also has plenty of pockets and some fun vintage labels.

This one is a bit bigger around the chest at +- 24 inches, +- 19 inch shoulder and just long enough back at +- 25 inches with about an inch front drop, according to my cloth tape. I measured the sleeves around the curve at +- 26.5 inches which is just right, though I like 27 inches as well.

All things considered, I feel like I could not have gotten a better fit if I had JC make me one custom. Feels good, looks good, I love it!

I really don’t have to say anything about the details, such as stitching, design, and attention to detail. It’s a GW. If this is a test, I would like to see the finished jacket.

Thanks Nick

IMG_2996.JPG
IMG_3209.JPG
IMG_3025.JPG
IMG_3067.JPG
IMG_3013.JPG
IMG_3045.JPG
front_back_full.jpg

Last edited:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yet another way cool jacket Jonesy. And a great fedora to go with it (Stetson Whippet?). Comes out a very rich colour on my monitor, more red tones in your pics than the orangey shade of the JC pics. Excellent vintage style and, of course, the fit is spot-on.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Yet another way cool jacket Jonesy. And a great fedora to go with it (Stetson Whippet?). Comes out a very rich colour on my monitor, more red tones in your pics than the orangey shade of the JC pics. Excellent vintage style and, of course, the fit is spot-on.
Yeah, it is a Japanese Whippet designed by Matt Deckard. I played with the lighting some as it was a cloudy day here. There is a lot of color in the background which may affect the appearance, and I think that things look different on different screens. It looks darker in person, like my photos, than it does in John's photos. Maybe it has darkened with wear as well. I like it.
Thanks!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I think it's your best one yet!!!!! :)
Thanks!. I have lost track of what jackets I have and where. I think I need to have my GW Hercules Horween shipped out here so I can compare all the jackets that I really can't wear much on a tropical island. o_O

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations on a great score jonesy! That jacket does indeed look like it was made for you and such a beautiful color. I put a deposit down on a Mojave last December and seeing yours certainly renews my anticipation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner