Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwear / Diamond Collaboration is live... at intro price

nick123

I'll Lock Up
There is a lot more discussion on the VLJ forum of these for anyone interested. I still can't get over his motorcycle jackets. Really nice.

Like to see them offer horsehide

If this is the same cowhide that Good Wear is offering...and I think it is...you can't tell the difference between it and a REALLY REALLY good horse hide.
My most recent Good Wear is made from the new cow hide they got in not too long ago. It is a killer hide.
I had originally spec'd the jacket to be made with the same Shinki HH that some of my other GW's are made out of. John mentioned he had this new cowhide in that was fantastic. Had him send me some samples.....loved it.
Compared to my other Good Wears, Eastmans, "Victory Horse Hide" Bill Kelso A2, sundry Aero jackets, it's one of my favorite hides.
I have another Good Wear in que with estimated delivery in a couple of months. I've told John I'd like to go with an overdyed version of the russet cowhide sample he sent me.

Last edited:

LouisBailie

Banned
Yes both his new cowhide and heavy steer hide are very heavily grained and excellent. I have also seen some of the newer "tanned" 3.5 oz horsehide and it is very nice.

thor

One Too Many
I was lucky enough to get an early prototype of this GW/DD collaboration A-2 in dark seal steer with rust knits. LOVE it! This finalized version must be awesome, judging by the experimental example I have.
Seems like a real good choice for those wanting a rugged, truly authentic/original looking repro A-2 IMHO.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
It seems like with the uncovered knowledge that steer was used on original A-2s, new doors have opened. I say good for the jacket world.

CBI

One Too Many
These jackets looks great. The aged leather is simply some of the best looking around. There is a big interest on this forum for moto jackets and Dave (IMO) is making nicer ones than any other manufacturer. People with moto interests need to get in touch with him. The A-2's are way up there as well. Congrats Dave!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider