Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwear / Diamond Collaboration is live... at intro price

RRackleyAdams

New in Town
I believe that this is along the same lines as the GW Combat Clone offering, which I recently acquired this Rough Wear 1401...and LOVE it. The hide is insane...so much character in the leather and a really great look & feel.
IMG_9681.jpg
IMG_9651.jpg

pawineguy

One Too Many
I believe that this is along the same lines as the GW Combat Clone offering, which I recently acquired this Rough Wear 1401...and LOVE it. The hide is insane...so much character in the leather and a really great look & feel.
/QUOTE]

It appears to be the same type of process, and probably call it Combat Crew to differentiate the GW from the Diamond Dave production. Your jacket looks stunning, perfect fit.

AdeeC

Practically Family
GW has already rebranded its ACME jackets to AERO on its website. The GW/DD colaboration appears to be a seperate entity and not covered by the licence agreement with Aero.

GW has already rebranded its ACME jackets to AERO on its website. The GW/DD colaboration appears to be a seperate entity and not covered by the licence agreement with Aero.

I agree that is probably so. As far as Aero suing John's butt...JC took into consideration the ownership of the Aero name from the very beginning. I remember him researching and more than willing to do the right thing when he started making Aero lookalike repros. That just seems to be JC's DNA. However...not so with some others.
HD

nick123

I'll Lock Up
When I first saw the GW Acme, I spent some time trying to find more pics/info on the contract. After a fruitless search, I just concluded that it must have been a really rare contract. lol

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Everyone wants to sue everyone to claim they came up with the idea. When in reality the human body can only influence a finite number of patterns based on two arms and one upper torso. Everyone is just tweaking patterns from old historical jackets and adding a 1/4 inch here or there and calling it vintage fit. You pay your $$$ where you wish and take your chance. It's all the same game

pawineguy

One Too Many
Everyone wants to sue everyone to claim they came up with the idea. When in reality the human body can only influence a finite number of patterns based on two arms and one upper torso. Everyone is just tweaking patterns from old historical jackets and adding a 1/4 inch here or there and calling it vintage fit. You pay your $$$ where you wish and take your chance. It's all the same game

In this case they are talking not about patterns but about the use of a name. Aero licenses their name out to other companies.

In this case they are talking not about patterns but about the use of a name. Aero licenses their name out to other companies.

Yep. Got nothing to do with the pattern.
Aero (company) could have a problem with another manufacturer using the name "Aero" on one of their jackets. As I understand it, (and it has been a while since I read read about it,) the original "Aero" company that had the WW2 government contract to manufacture A2 jackets under their name went out of business...the company name "Aero" at that point becoming available.
Aero (Scotland) then applied for and obtained the trademark to the name "Aero".
Potential trademark infringement for another company to use their name on a product.....unless that company obtains the right from Aero (Scotland) to do so.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Actually, for assorted reasons, I rather like the Acme trademark.

I dunno . . . Acme made some pretty dodgy stuff back in the '50s. Rocket-powered tennis shoes, explosives that blow up too quickly, giant springs to chase Roadrunners with . . . that poor Coyote bought heaps of 'em and I bet he never got his money back! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ