Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gorgeous navy blue textured fabric '50s-'60s wiggle dress - £30

FraeuleinBerlin

One of the Regulars
Hi girls! I am finally getting round to selling a few things that I bought/had bought for me that I have never worn or don't fit me. I am moving country fairly soon, so it's a matter of some urgency if you would like one of my items!

This is a fantastic ‘50s or early ‘60s navy blue wiggle dress. Unfortunately, it doesn’t quite fit me round the hips, and I nearly wept when trying it on, because it is BEAUTIFUL. I’m not sure what the fabric is exactly, but it’s very heavy and good quality and the pattern is raised. It’s a bit shiny (not as shiny as it looks with the flash) and is a really sexy shape, so you could wear it out for cocktails, but because of the dark colour, I think you could also wear it to work in an office with the right accessories (which is what I originally bought it for). There is a little satin lining around the back of the hips and the whole way around the collar, and the zip is still in good shape. The photos don’t do this fabric justice!

I would like £30 for it please, although you can make me an offer if you’d like.

This dress has been handmade (although I think it's more nicely made than lots of vintage "handmade" things that I've owned) and then taken in quite a bit - if you wanted to alter it, I think you could easily get another inch each side all the way down the length of this dress, and another inch-and-a-half or so around the bottom if you wanted it a bit longer. I should do it myself, but I know I won’t get it done in time for my upcoming move to Germany, and so would rather it went to someone else.

Here are the measurements – if you’d like any others, please let me know!

Armpit to armpit – 21” (so 42” altogether) – 54cm (or 108cm altogether)

Waist - 17.5” (35”) – 45cm (90cm)

Hips – 21” (42”) – 54cm (108cm)

Length from shoulder to hem – 41” (105cm)

The dress smells a little musty, but you know how it is with vintage! It’s not bad and I don’t even think it would need a trip to the dry cleaners, just a hand wash and a little airing. I’m just mentioning it because I hate it when other sellers don’t!

146.jpg

147.jpg

148.jpg

The fabric (with flash - it's darker and richer than this and not quite so shiny)

150.jpg

As for postage and packaging, I will let you know when I know what country you, my (potential) buyer, are in - of course I will only ask what it costs me! The hat is very light, so don't be put off if you're overseas. I'll send it whatever type of delivery you would like to pay for the next working day after I receive payment.

Payments by PayPal, please!

If you have any questions, ask away!

Thanks!

Fräulein Berlin
xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner