Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got my first and probably only leather jacket: Real Mccoy's Buco J-100

soundwavvves

Familiar Face
Just came across this thread. What a stellar jacket!

You definitely made the right choice on size—the fit is great. I’ll bet it’s breaking in nicely now, too. If you have dogs, take them on some walks in the rain wearing it.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

The fit looks good, as others have said the sleeves are long, but unless you go custom, there are always compromises.

The Flat Head may be another brand for you to check out someday. They make jackets with wide shoulders, large chests and somewhat smaller torsos.

AndreSilva

New in Town
The fit looks good, as others have said the sleeves are long, but unless you go custom, there are always compromises.

The Flat Head may be another brand for you to check out someday. They make jackets with wide shoulders, large chests and somewhat smaller torsos.

Indeed, the sleeves are a bit long, but as they crease it's getting better =)
I tried some from the Flat Head in Tokyo as well, didn't like as much as RMC, although still great jackets.

AndreSilva

New in Town
Just came across this thread. What a stellar jacket!

You definitely made the right choice on size—the fit is great. I’ll bet it’s breaking in nicely now, too. If you have dogs, take them on some walks in the rain wearing it.
Thanks man! I'm happy with the size too, still working on the breaking part =)

wrist.code

New in Town
Hey man, nice fit! Can I ask what you height and weight is? What is your typical chest size? I am trying to decide between the 44 and 46. I usually have a 46 chest, but got the RMC A2 jacket in 44 and it fits well. Thanks in advance!

hungapotamus

New in Town
I'm going to Japan in end of the year in November and have the same plan as you - going to TRMC, Freewheelers, Y2, etc to hopefully get a jacket.

Are there any other places in Japan anyone can recommend for leather jackets? My first love is selvedge denim so of course I have to visit Osaka which is where Y2 is located.

AndreSilva

New in Town
Hey man, nice fit! Can I ask what you height and weight is? What is your typical chest size? I am trying to decide between the 44 and 46. I usually have a 46 chest, but got the RMC A2 jacket in 44 and it fits well. Thanks in advance!

I have never measured my chest... just did now :D
Chest is 116cm and shoulders 128cm. I have big lats, if they were smaller I'm sure that I could have gone with size 42, it would be a better fit on the sleeves and shoulders, but I would be completely unable to move my arms :D

I am 1.78cm and 97kg

AndreSilva

New in Town
I just want to know how many more jackets he bought since his first and only jacket

So far, that's the only one! :D

I don't want to make the same mistake I did with sneakers... I have a closet with around 60 pairs and just don't have enough time to wear them all, especially after covid and the work-from-home situation. Eventually, they will just deteriorate and it will be a big waste of money. I have many pairs I bought 5 years ago and got less than 10 days on them.

I have 4 jackets: this J100, one ski jacket for skiing, one thin waterproof jacket for fall and one heavy waterproof jacket for winter, the plan is to buy a new one only when one of these goes away, otherwise, I'll have a full closet with jackets that I only wear 5 times a year.

AndreSilva

New in Town
I'm going to Japan in end of the year in November and have the same plan as you - going to TRMC, Freewheelers, Y2, etc to hopefully get a jacket.

Are there any other places in Japan anyone can recommend for leather jackets? My first love is selvedge denim so of course I have to visit Osaka which is where Y2 is located.

Actually no, I was kind of decided on TRMC, but just walking around in the big cities I'm sure you'll find many choices.

Bahabp100

Practically Family
Hi guys. I was gathering some info on Reddit regarding leather jackets as I had a Japan trip booked and they told me about this forum, nice to be here :)

I did some research and added a few places to check in Japan, I checked jackets from The Real Mccoy's, Freewheeler and Flat Head... decided to go with The Real Mccoy's. Originally I had an appointment with Y2 but I fell in love with the Buco J-100 and decided to go for it.

View attachment 561143

The Real Mccoy's store in Tokyo is amazing, most of the jackets are available to try in many different sizes. My idea was to get Buco's J-24, it was beautiful, but the fit was just not right, baggy and snug fit at the same time in different places.

The J-100 was love at first sight, it fit me well and is also easier to use in everyday situations IMO.
It's tricky for me to get a good fit in suits/coats/leather jackets, I have big shoulders/chest/back/arms, that upper part is bigger than the belly region, so usually I have to get bigger sizes and they just don't look right... but this one was pretty good, check the pictures, I got size 44, what do you think about the fit?

View attachment 561144

View attachment 561145

View attachment 561147

View attachment 561149

View attachment 561152

To be perfect, on the back part(lats), a 46 would be better, and on the belly side a 42 would be better, so I went with the 44. It's a bit tight on the biceps and the upper back when I cross my arms, but nothing crazy, I guess 44 was a good choice, just wish the sleeves were a bit shorter, but when I tried a 42 I basically couldn't move and I could barely zip it in the chest region. As the elbow region creases, the sleeves are already getting a bit shorter, and when I sit/drive, the length is perfect.

My wife decided to get some horsehide leather cushions, they look awesome :D
View attachment 561154

After I decided to buy, they spent 15/20 minutes checking for imperfections in the leather. They found some minor details that I would never have noticed, so they found another one size 44, and gave me to try and check again, this one was perfect. They tested all the zippers and buttons MANY times to be sure that everything was working as expected, checking the stitching in all areas, I never experienced this level of quality control on purchase time, it was great!

View attachment 561158

This is in front of the Tokyo store, I highly recommend the visit!
Zip those sleeve for better fit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner