Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grammy hat??

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Ok
now I never got past the 1st page of this thread,
until now. my grandkids say this singer is cool like me ? good to know my grandkids think im cool.......
& for a while now I was wondering why younger people start dancing & singing this happy song
when I pass by wearing a wide brim...?

[video=youtube;y6Sxv-sUYtM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM&feature=player_detailpage#t=4[/video]

seabass

Call Me a Cab
when I happen to be wearing a wider brim especially at gas stations filling up & getting a sodapop & lotto tickets
......like at midnight .. young ladys start dancing & sing happy ?

[video=youtube;i0A3-wc0rpw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0A3-wc0rpw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

im pretty blind to current music but I love & live to music of the past...collect more seriously than hats
I have a few relatives that are in the music biz some very famous & some not....contacting me for proper hat info....
Ok
well now I know that catchy tune from that fun film I watch with my grandkids is all about......

so yea the start of this thread & theme yea its a goofy hat
but these in the videos above are decent...

im happy to see hats :cool:

KOOLKERNEY

New in Town
I like the hat in the frame of that 2nd video. Any idea what that may be? I am new to the hat game and my first special one is eluding me. I do like the look of that one though! I guess I am a fan of the super flat wide brim. :cool:

KOOLKERNEY

New in Town
Sorry to keep this thread going haha. But after actually watching that video, I think my favourite is the one seen at the end, accompanying his jersey or whatever that is he's wearing. I guess my ultimate question (which probably isn't appropriate for this thread, but hey, we're here) is does he straighten the brim on his hats? Seems straighter than anything I have seen, and I have been obsessively watching EBay and the classifieds here for my future love.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Pharell is wearing a custom beaver hat that has been flat flanged. You would have to see it on your head to see if you could be HAPPY with it on your head. His facial structure lets him put the flat brim flange off. No everyone can. Western hats styles have flat brims sometimes
But Fedoras are general have a curved flange. As they are made to be less stiff.

tommyK

One Too Many
That looks like a Roadster that's been taken out of the box and "distressed". I wonder if it's the retailer who's taking the initiative here.

I think perhaps so as it does have a leather band that Pharrell's hat does not and lacks the inner sweatband. Could be their way of avoiding some kind of copyright infringement as well.
Interesting either way.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
One our suppliers have brought in a knock off and we have brought in some from them.
I Feel Happy
IMG_20140513_222953_zpsv094roct.jpg

jeff

tommyK

One Too Many
Was watching a TCM movie the other night "The Bride Came C.O.D." a comedy from 1941 with James Cagney and Bette Davis. A character "Pop Tolliver" played by Harry Davenport wore this hat;

733325df-489c-4688-8cc9-e61ced474d8d_zpsgvdwnmrc.jpg
Could this be the inspiration?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran