Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greaser jackets.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
I dig motorcycle jackets of the 30's, 40's, and 50's. Here is one of my faves. It is a Buco J-24 and was made around 1954. It's made from a weighty, grainy horse. It is my second best friend (after my faithful dog Pearl).

DSC03619.jpg

DSC03614.jpg

DSC03615.jpg

DSC03621.jpg

DSC03620.jpg

DSC03626.jpg

DSC03624.jpg

DSC03623.jpg

DSC03622.jpg

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Feraud said:
I like the vertical zip pocket.

That's a "D-pocket" also known as "pistol pocket". Very common feature on aviator/motorcycle jackets from the late 1920's to the early 1960's.

greyhound68

A-List Customer
Very nice jacket. With all my flight jackets for some reason lately I have been looking a motorcyle jackets. Really like them the older ones like you have. Will have to start the prowl for one.

silhouette53

One of the Regulars
Nothing quite like good vintage horsehide

MudInYerEye said:
I dig motorcycle jackets of the 30's, 40's, and 50's. Here is one of my faves. It is a Buco J-24 and was made around 1954. It's made from a weighty, grainy horse. It is my second best friend (after my faithful dog Pearl).

DSC03614.jpg

Very nice looking Jacket MudInYerEye ! If that's a sample from your collection then please, - lets see more !! In the words of the song, "You wear it well"

Colin

Rafter

Suspended
Grease Is The Word

My girlfriend made me pose for this picture. Not very James Dean. More like Pacino!

Rafter04678.jpg

When my brother died last summer, my sister-in-law gave all of his vintage leather jackets to her plumber! She didn't even ask me if I wanted them.:mad:

Edward

Bartender
Nice jacket! I've always loved that 'Brando' style... though when I first got into them back in the 80s, it was Alice Cooper that influenced me...lol (and a bit Sid Vicious :eek: ), later on it was Joey Ramone. Been great to have one since i got more into the retro scene, though - nice touch to a 50s inspired outfit (though as of yet - time and money - my look is far from period correct, maybe more psychobilly at times than full on 50s rockabilly. Anyhow...).

There's something about those early versions of the Brando-style mc that just looks so much more..... I'm not even sure I can articulate it, but there's a more organic, chunky, almost cartoony feel to them, the details seem to have more character than they often do nowadays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points