Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

great apartment clean-out! BOOKS! cheap/free

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
TAKEN
I have a Curl Master Ceramics triple barrel wave iron for sale. Has high and low setting. Retails for $30+, used once. $8 + shipping.

TAKEN
I also have a nearly full 16oz bottle of Salon Care 40 volume creme developer from Sally's and one package of L'Oreal Quick Blue hair bleach (with built-in developer). Will throw these in for free if you want them.

TAKEN
Mario Badescu skincare set - Acne Facial Cleanser (2/3 full) retails at $15, Anti-Acne Serum (just over half full) retails at $20, Drying Cream (not a lot left, but a little goes a long way) retails at $12. Great products, just don't want to throw so much away. FREEEEE + shipping. Should fit in smallest size pre-paid box.

Major moving apartment cleanout, look for more coming soon!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
FREE BOOKS! You pay shipping (cheapest method possible). Many free books have folded pages, beat up covers or stains, but some are in perfect condition.

* "Nothing Except My Genius: A Celebration of His Wit and Wisdom", Oscar Wilde - book of quotes
* "Varieties of Religious Experience" by William James SALE PENDING
* Oxford Spanish-English Dictionary
* "The New Simplicity Sewing Book" - not so new, dated 1979!
* "What Would the Founders Do?: Our Questions, Their Answers" by Richard Brookhiser
* "Price of Power: Kissinger in the Nixon White House" by Seymour M. Hersh
* "Honorable Treachery: A History of U.S. Intelligence, Espionage, and Covert Action from the American Revolution to the CIA" by G. J. A. O'Toole SALE PENDING
* "Belfast Diary: War as a Way of Life" by John Conroy - hard cover
* "Dali" (Mallard Fine Art Series) by Paul Moorhouse - hard cover, coffee table sized. dust jacket is torn SALE PENDING
* "A Criminal and An Irishman: The Inside Story of the Boston Mob - IRA Connection" by Patrick Nee, Richard Farrell, and Michael Blythe
* "Aspects of Boston" by William Berchen and Ursula Berchen - old Boston photo/coffee table book from 1975. SALE PENDING

OTHER BOOKS - all are brand new or in like new condition. Most have been read only once or not at all

* "The Golden Age" by Gore Vidal - brand new - $3
* "Alias Grace" by Margaret Atwood - like new - $3
* "Where Have All The Leaders Gone?" by Lee Iococca - hard cover, like new - $3
* "Sewing Smart With Fabric" by Jeanne Stauffer - hard cover, brand new - $2
* "The Cook's Encyclopedia of Wine" by Stuart Walton - $2
* "The Yoga Handbook: A Complete Step-By-Step Guide" by Noa Belling - brand new - $3
* "The Boston Irish: A Political History" by Thomas H. O'Connor - brand new - $5
* "A Book of Surrealist Games" by Alastair Brotchie and Mel Gooding - brand new - $2 SALE PENDING
* "Informing Statecraft: Intelligence for a New Century" by Angelo Codevilla (2002) - hardcover. Paperback retails at $30 - $12
* "Absolut Book.: The Absolut Vodka Advertising Story" by Richard W. Lewis - very slight wear on corners, small tear at top of spine. Lovely coffee table book with tons of color pictures - $5
* "A Criminal and An Irishman: The Inside Story of the Boston Mob - IRA Connection" by Patrick Nee, Richard Farrell, and Michael Blythe - $3

thinkfloyd

New in Town
I'm interested in some of the books, would you ship to the Philippines?

* "Honorable Treachery: A History of U.S. Intelligence, Espionage, and Covert Action from the American Revolution to the CIA" by G. J. A. O'Toole
* "Dali" (Mallard Fine Art Series) by Paul Moorhouse - hard cover, coffee table sized. dust jacket is torn
* "Varieties of Religious Experience" by William James
* "Aspects of Boston" by William Berchen and Ursula Berchen - old Boston photo/coffee table book from 1975.
* "A Book of Surrealist Games" by Alastair Brotchie and Mel Gooding - brand new - $2

Thanks!
(I'm tempted to get more... :D )

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
thinkfloyd said:
I'm interested in some of the books, would you ship to the Philippines?

If you're willing to pay the postage, I'm willing to walk down the street to the post office in the name of clearing out my apartment! "Honorable Treachery" is almost 600 pages though - big book! I'd be happy to check the cheapest shipping rate tomorrow for you and you can figure out if you'd like to take them.

kitty

thinkfloyd

New in Town
Sure... let me know how much I owe and where to pay :) (Paypal is good) Thanks! (Quezon City, Philippines 1121 = just in case you need it for the shipping quote) :)

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Hey there, I just tried to PM you but I guess you don't have enough posts for that yet. The shipping is expensive! Cheapest seems to be priority, at $42 - the package weights almost 8lbs. let me know if it's a go or if you want to pass.

kitty

thinkfloyd

New in Town
Hi,

How much to a U.S. address (California or New York, whichever is easier)? I can use a freight forwarding company, it'll be cheaper too (no customs to deal with:D) Yeah, I don't have PM yet. You can email me in the meantime at: franz.ad.morales@gmail.com

Thanks!

analiebe

A-List Customer
hello kitty.... i'd love to put dibs on the oscar wilde if the shipping to melbourne, australia isn't too much & interested in the dali if the sale doesn't go through
thanks so much

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Alexi said:
what suburb are you in? i'll swing buy and grab some books

Alexi, I PM'd you. Let me know - I'm looking at clearing these out quickly so I can clear space for boxes. Anything that doesn't go will get donated either to the prison books program or to a homeless shelter that accepts books. I'm around many evenings, or I can just leave them on my porch and you can swing by and take what you want.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
analiebe said:
hello kitty.... i'd love to put dibs on the oscar wilde if the shipping to melbourne, australia isn't too much & interested in the dali if the sale doesn't go through
thanks so much

Analiebe, PM sent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou