Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Greetings.......

Masked Marvel

New in Town
Hello all.

I have been checking this site for sometime now.

It has been interesting and I thought I should join.

I have always since I was a little kid been more interested with the past.

People have always said I was an "old soul"

I guess I was just born in the wrong time.

Anyway thanks for letting me in........

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome aboard Masked Marvel! It's great to have you join us. As you're no doubt already aware, you'll find every kind of hat and vintage clothing obsession covered here on the Fedora Lounge. Have fun!

Alon

One of the Regulars
Welcome aboard. Let me just warn you, as a relative newcomer myself, that not only is the Lounge itself addictive, but if you weren't already addicted to fedoras, you will be... and it's a short road to bankruptcy.

Donato

One of the Regulars
Alon said:
Welcome aboard. Let me just warn you, as a relative newcomer myself, that not only is the Lounge itself addictive, but if you weren't already addicted to fedoras, you will be... and it's a short road to bankruptcy.
Well, you have a point there, but I belong to a couple of wristwatch forums and let me tell you that addiction can empty your wallet very fast! Many fine watches cost hundreds of dollars and I have met men who will think nothing of dropping $1000 or more on one wristwatch. Fedoras are a much more economical addiction.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Donato said:
Well, you have a point there, but I belong to a couple of wristwatch forums and let me tell you that addiction can empty your wallet very fast! Many fine watches cost hundreds of dollars and I have met men who will think nothing of dropping $1000 or more on one wristwatch. Fedoras are a much more economical addiction.

I think the going rate for psycho therapy is $200-300 per hour. That could make our addiction cheaper than the cure! :D

ed_bollix

New in Town
There is a standard saying on HeadFi.com, a serious headphone forum. "Sorry about your wallet!" I sense that totally applies here as well.

Alon

One of the Regulars
Donato,

One of my other loves is antique time pieces. I inherited a beautiful silver pocket watch and a porcelain clock. I wouldn't call that a collection, but I wouldn't dare join a forum dedicated to that hobby!

tandmark

One of the Regulars
Hi,

Welcome to The Fedora Lounge, Masked Marvel! Posting here is a lot cheaper than buying hats, but it's pretty fun too, in its way. Plus you're just as welcome whether you own ninety hats or none.

Donato, you've hit it right on the bullseye: Other collections are pricier than hat collections. Way pricier, in many cases.

My other big collections are (cheap) neckties, (cheap) wristwatches, (cheap) fountain pens, (cheap) electric clocks, and (cheap) decks of playing cards. If I were into the luxury models of any of these kinds of collectibles, I'd have gone bankrupt years ago. :D

As I sometimes say, there's nothing quite like having beer tastes on a beer budget. lol

Cheers,
Mark

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Welcome to the Lounge, Masked Marvel. I understand what you mean about being born in the wrong time. I think I was born about about 70 years too late.

ed bollix, I haven't bumped into you before. Welcome, from another "Michigander".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran