Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guerra Hats

dressed2the9's

Familiar Face
Does anyone own a Guerra Hat or know it's history? I felt the felt and the off the shelf quality is as good or better than my 40's mallory and adam dress hats. I have never seen such a good hat today. I was thinking of buying one in the fall season for this winter and next summer and put it into a teardrop. PLEASE Who else carries them.

Style: 439 "Salento Hat"
http://www.millerhats.com/italian_index/italian1.html

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
See Modern Hats also

I just posted a reply on Modern Hats and it pertains to this thread also. I have a Guerra from Millers and I find it to be superior to anything I have seen lately in a "modern" hat. I believe mine is the Salento and I am very happy with it. Half the price of a Borsalino (new) and in every way better. IMHO.

epic610

One of the Regulars
Translation of site not complete....

what, for example, does "ala ripiegata da 4 a 7 cm" mean.

perhaps they should finish the translation on the english version so we know things like crown and brim sizes.

maybe we can get riccardo on this!

art92101

One of the Regulars
Guerra Hats at Miller Hats

They look swell. i was wondering if they make a 2 1/2 or 2 3/8 brim width? I looked on the site with no additional Guerras on their website.
I tried to bac-into the guerra search but coyuld not find the guerras on my own. What search did you use? Thanks!
dressed2the9's said:
Does anyone own a Guerra Hat or know it's history? I felt the felt and the off the shelf quality is as good or better than my 40's mallory and adam dress hats. I have never seen such a good hat today. I was thinking of buying one in the fall season for this winter and next summer and put it into a teardrop. PLEASE Who else carries them.

Style: 439 "Salento Hat"
http://www.millerhats.com/italian_index/italian1.html

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Guerra is a small hat factory located in the northen part of Italy . I was there years ago to search out new sources for our stores . The factory is actualy older than Borsalino but their market share in Italy is almost nothing . They have 5 people working there.As for quality , they make a beautiful hat out of cashmere . Their dress hats are nice . They sent a salesman to the USA a few years ago but he couln't sell much because few people heard of the factory . I am going to be carrying a small selection from them in the fall and will keep everyone informed .
There are at least 4 to 6 other factories in Italy besides Borsalino that are dying to sell here in the USA but no one will give them a chance here . I think many hatters are afraid of the price points and spotty delivery times . It's easier to buy from Stetson and get hats in 4 weeks instead of 3 months .

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

gekisai29

One of the Regulars
I have the domanico from miller &love it. I hthink hartford york has the same model & while The sale price seems right I question buying anything from a vendor which seems to be way overpriced on most items.

Magus

Practically Family
Visigoth said:
Hm... those here with large heads and a passion for large brims should check this out:

http://www.hartfordyork.com/ShowView/product/556/166

On sale from $250 to $140! Looks really nice. You'd likely pay that for a NOS vintage hat with these proportions.

I just got off the phone with Hartford York. That model has a 3 inch brim and is a blend of Hare and Beaver. They didn't know...and it isn't clear which model it is on the Guerra website.

M

rauhfell_kid

New in Town
Visigoth said:
You'd likely pay that for a NOS vintage hat with these proportions.

Sorry, it´s a bit off topic here, but I am new in this hat-business and I am curious: What kind of hat does Tom Waits in your Avatar-Pic wear? And what is a "NOS vintage hat"? Sorry for any disturbance!

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Tom Waits's Hat

I can't say that I can positively identify Tom's hat in my avatar, but I can replicate the look with half a dozen of the lids I own. Find a stingy brim from the sixties: you want a brim width of maybe 1 7/8" (depending upon the size of your head -- Tom's gourd is way skinny and long, so a stingy looks *wide* on him). The hat should have a medium/short crown, and a serious pinch. You could probably find a nice Dobbs or Knox in that style, on ebay, for ten bucks.

hatflick1

Practically Family
I went on the company website and kinda like their Bogart and the model they call Fedora listed under 'Outdoor'. How do you order from these guys?
Any guesses?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
You can't order direct . You need to find a retailer here in the USa or in Europe where most of the hats are sold . I know that the company does a lot of business in France as I've seen some customers from there wearing the hats.
Good luck!
Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran