Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus Miller's the "Nicholas Fedora"

metropd

One Too Many
The hat is a mid grey with a slight cool tint. maybe a slight bluish tinge in natural light. From 1-10, 1 being the lightest 10 being the darkest, the hat is a 4. I asked him for a meduim grey that is NOT warm and has no brownish tinge and Gus recommend this mid grey with a slight bluish tinge.

metropd

One Too Many
pgoat said:
two questions:

1. did you steam or just shape by hand (Dry felt)?

2. Is that the same lid in your avatar? Your hats really look marvelous, thanks for posting!!

I used no steam only my hands with out any problem as the hat is super pliable.
This fedora is 2 5/8 brim with a 2 inch band. The hat is my avatar has a 2 7/8 brim and a 1 3/4 band. The hat in my avatar in reality has a very strong blue cast in the grey and this Gus Miller hat as slight bluish cast.

pgoat

One Too Many
metropd said:
The whole outfit was an experiment next time I will not wear jeans with this outfit and fedora.

That wouldn't work for everyone (I am far too old to rock that look - I'm too old to even say 'rock that look'lol ) but you pull it off....obviously it will look killer with a well-tailored suit.

I certainly hope my grey is the same or close - I love that bluish tint. Just beautiful.

I believe my Gus M will have a smaller brim (a la 2 3/8"), but that's fine for me.

Boy, I hope that hat is waiting for me at the door.....ocd is taking over, gents!:p

Boris K

One of the Regulars

Excellent, metropd!

Looks great. That appears to be the same felt as mine (and consequently pgoat's). Mid to heavy weight blue tint medium grey. No steam required on that felt, just mold it to the shape you want.

Glad it worked out for you, looks great on you :eusa_clap

pgoat

One Too Many
Boris K said:
Excellent, metropd!

Looks great. That appears to be the same felt as mine (and consequently pgoat's). Mid to heavy weight blue tint medium grey. No steam required on that felt, just mold it to the shape you want.

Glad it worked out for you, looks great on you :eusa_clap

Oh yeah, baby!!!:D
I'm picking up my Gus Miller hat at the Post Office tomorrow am....drool drool

Donato

One of the Regulars
pgoat said:
Oh yeah, baby!!!:D
I'm picking up my Gus Miller hat at the Post Office tomorrow am....drool drool
Can someone tell me how to contact Gus Miller? I could not find a website for him and I am being grievously tempted to order a hat from him. Thanks.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
metropd said:
I love this Hat!!!

Brim 2 5/8 inches
Crown 4 1/4 inches
Band 2 inches

Now that is a great looking hat.
When you say 4 1/4 inch crown, do
you mean that is the height of the front
once it is bashed or do you mean that is
the open crown height? Looks taller than that
to me.

Boris K

One of the Regulars

Donato said:
Can someone tell me how to contact Gus Miller? I could not find a website for him and I am being grievously tempted to order a hat from him. Thanks.

No website, Gus is an old school businessman

The information is:

Batsakes Hat Shop
1 West 6th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
(513) 721-9345
Gus Miller, Proprietor

More Info Here

metropd

One Too Many
feltfan said:
Now that is a great looking hat.
When you say 4 1/4 inch crown, do
you mean that is the height of the front
once it is bashed or do you mean that is
the open crown height? Looks taller than that
to me.

Your right, 4 5/8 at the tallest side peak. 4 1/4 at mid point at the side and 3 7/8 in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo